A few days ago, Walmart was selling the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 bundled with a $50 eGift Card. They have now bumped up the eGift card to $75! The price of the EV3 from Walmart is $349.95 with free shipping. The latest MINDSTORMS set makes a great gift for Christmas plus you get $75 to spend on what ever you want so in turn, you get the EV3 for $274.95, a 21.4% savings. Hurry and get it before stocks run out!
It is September and the new LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 is now available for sale at LEGO stores and on [email protected]. The set will contain 601 pieces and will retail for $349.99. It latest version of MINDSTORMS line comes fully equipped with many new features such as an infrared sensor, a new Linux-based firmware, a USB port, and an SD card slot. It will be using Linux firmware that will be compatible with Android and iOS operating systems. The EV3 will also have Bluetooth support so you can program the machine using your mobile devices. If you do decide to pick up the EV3, remember there are 12 additional bonus models on the MINDSTORMS minisite. … Continue Reading
The LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 was just recently released and LEGO already has something planned for the near future. With development assistance from space experts, LEGO will be releasing the Space Challenge Activity Pack for the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3. Included in this pack are some Challenge Missions, Learning Missions, and a Learning to Gear project to teach and educate students about the topic of space exploration. Educators will be able to teach Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to students while giving a hands-on experience. Students will no doubt be excited to learn about space using the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 in class.
The Space Challenge is for all educators that want to teach STEM through hands-on problem solving. No matter if this is your first experience using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® or robotics or not, this learning program has been developed to support you and to make the materials suitable for your teaching environment.
In the Space Challenge Activity Pack, there are seven Challenge Missions, nine Learning Missions and one Learning to Gear project. Each Mission and project presents a fun STEM learning opportunity. Student and teacher materials are provided in a multimedia content environment with the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Content Editor featuring all the tools the students needs for documenting and presenting their findings and results as they progress through the material.
Three Research Projects, co-developed with space experts, provide rich opportunities for students to explore and creating innovative solutions to current space exploration topics. The Research Projects are built on three key problems that researchers around the world are trying to solve – how to ensure that humans survive in space, how humans can create energy in space, and how robots can help humans explore space.
Accompanying the Space Challenge Activity Pack is the Space Challenge Set, a theme-based set that includes three learning mats, the Challenge mat plus lots of LEGO elements for building the challenge models.
To undertake the Space Challenge in a small group, students require:
LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Core Set
LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Software
LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Space Challenge Set
LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Space Challenge Activity Pack
LEGO has recently revealed 12 bonus models that are designed by a group of MINDSTORMS Community Partners. All of the bonus models can be built with only one LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 (31313) set. They will be available for download via the EV3 Software or by PDF on the minisite on the official release date of the set of September 1st. Remember that when you purchase from LEGO during the month of September, you can get the Mini Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (40079) polybag as part of the company’s September promotion.
ROBODOZ3R – Mark Crosbie
BANNER PRINT3R – Ralph Hempel
EV3MEG – Martyn Boogaarts
BOBB3E – Kenneth Ravnshøj Madsen
MR-B3AM – Kenneth Ravnshøj Madsen
RAC3 TRUCK – Laurens Valk
KRAZ3 – Marc André Bazergui
EV3D4 – Vassilis Chryssanthakopoulos
EL3CTRIC GUITAR – Daniele Benedettelli
DINOR3X – Lasse Stenbæk Lauesen
WACK3M – Martyn Boogaarts
EV3GAME – Ricardo Oliveira
LEGO today has announced the release date of the LEGO Mindstorms Education EV3 on their official press release. The unit will be available August 1st and is now available for preorder for educators in the US. The Education version contains 541 pieces and retails for $339.95 and if you order more sets, the overall price per set is cheaper. The software is sold separately.
The Daily Brick also notes that LEGO will be releasing a “Space Exploration” expansion set for the EV3.
The LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 platform will begin shipping August 1, 2013. The education platform is now available in the U.S. for educators to preorder.
- The LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 platform will begin shipping August 1, 2013. The education platform is now available in the U.S. for educators to preorder.
- Announced in January 2013, the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 platform is the third generation of LEGO Education robotics technology designed for classroom use. It is a full teaching solution developed with educators to actively engage students in a number of key curriculum areas such as computer science, science, technology, engineering, and math correlated to national standards.
- The EV3 platform includes customizable curriculum and digital workbooks; a hardware platform based on real-world robotics technology for engaging, hands-on activities; an intuitive software platform consisting of both programming and data-logging interface including 48 step-by-step tutorials; and extensive professional development courses.
- The LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Core Set comes with the EV3 Brick, rechargeable battery, sensors, motors, large brick selection, a new ball wheel, and building instructions. Also available is the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Expansion Set, which enables students to build larger-scale, more complex robots. For easy classroom management, both the base education set and the expansion set have storage bins and sorting trays.
- Schools can equip an entire classroom (up to 24 students) for less than $5,000, and that initial investment will last many years and through hundreds of students.
- For information on how to implement LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 in your school, or how to transition to EV3 from NXT, visit www.LEGOeducation.us/MINDSTORMS
- For press materials, please visit http://educationnews.legoeducation.us
About LEGO Education
Since 1980, LEGO Education (LEGOeducation.us) has delivered hands-on, curriculum-based resources for teachers and students worldwide. LEGO Education believes a hands-on, minds-on approach helps students actively take ownership of the learning process and develop 21st-century skills such as creative thinking and problem solving through real-life, engaging experiences.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, MINDSTORMS, and the MINDSTORMS logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2013 The LEGO Group.
With the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show coming up in Las Vegas, LEGO has announced the newest addition to the LEGO Mindstorms line, the Mindstorms EV3. It was been 15 years since the first Mindstorms was released in 1998 and the new model will be replacing the 2009 Mindstorms NXT 2.0 line. The EV3 has many new features including an infrared sensor, a new Linux-based firmware, a USB port, and an SD card slot. The Linux firmware will be ready for the Android as well as the iOS operating systems. The set also comes with Bluetooth support, which lets you program it without being connected to the PC. This means you can control the EV3 with your Android smartphones or with your iOS devices. The software kit works on both Windows and Mac. The new Mindstorms EV3 is also backwards compatible with the older NXT sets. It will be available in the second half of 2013 and retails for $349.99. Read the official press release below.