Amazon.uk may have given us a clue of which characters are included in the LEGO The Simpsons Collectible Minifigures (71005).
Woo-hoo! It’s The Simpsons! The LEGO Minifigures series continues with this great collection of 16 of your favorite characters from TV’s longest-running comedy. There’s Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie Simpson, as well as Grampa, Ned Flanders, Ralph Wiggum, Nelson Muntz, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Chief Wiggum, Krusty the Clown, Itchy & Scratchy, Mr. Burns and Milhouse. Each The Simpsons minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with its own special accessories, display plate and collector’s leaflet. Buy a bag, open it up and see which one you get!
One thing to note about the list above is that some of the characters are different from what was reported last year from Nerdly.co.uk. They listed Moe as one of the minifigures but he isn’t on the list above so we’ll have to see which one is correct. I’m guess he won’t be cause of the job that he has as a bartender which isn’t really suitable for children.
There are a couple of teaser images of the LEGO The Simpsons Collectible Minifigures (71005) featuring arms of a couple of the characters. One image shows Ned Flanders holding a cup that says I Heart South Paws which is from his store, The Leftorium. Left-handers unite! The other image shows Homer holding a 1×1 round tile of a sprinked donut. We’ve already seen this image back in January at the 2014 Nuremberg Toy Fair. This version of Homer also has a 1×2 TV remote control. We should start seeing images of the LEGO Collectible Minifigures – The Simpsons Series soon. They will be available in May along with the TV episode on Fox.
**Via LEGO Facebook Page**
There are now new details of the LEGO The Simpsons episode that will be airing in May on Fox. The episode will be called “Brick Like Me” and it will air on Sunday, May 4th. This brick-filled episode will be the show’s 550th of the The Simpsons which is longest-running American sitcom in television history. The plot of the episode is Homer waking up in a world where everything is made of LEGO bricks. He goes on an adventure and must “put together” how he got there in the first place and figure out how to get home.
The new episode goes along with the Simpsons House (71006), which became a hot selling item at LEGO Stores and on Shop@Home, and is part of The LEGO Group’s licensing deal with 20th Century Fox. The deal also includes a line of Collectible Minifigures that will be released in May. Stay tuned for more details of the LEGO The Simpsons episode.
— The Simpsons (@TheSimpsons) February 16, 2014
For those who are not LEGO VIP members and missed out on the chance to get the LEGO The Simpsons House (71006) early a few weeks ago, the set is now available to the general public at your local LEGO Store or on Shop@Home. The set contains 2523 pieces and goes for $199.99. If you aren’t a VIP member yet, what are you waiting for? It’s a free membership and it allows you to have perks over people who don’t have it such as early access to exclusive LEGO sets.
In celebration of The Simpsons House (71006) now being available, Matt De Lanoy, aka Pepa Quin, has created The Android’s Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop as his Iron Builder model using the white modified brick 2 x 3 x 2/3 with two studs. Owned by Jeff Alberson, aka Comic Book Guy, this build is a great representation of comic book shop from the cartoon. Matt has implemented some things from The Simpsons House including the Radioactive Man comic book and Bart and his skateboard. This is the total opposite of the Worst. Creation. Ever.
Yesterday, the LEGO The Simpsons House (71006) became available for LEGO VIP members at brand stores as well as on Shop@Home. A fellow reader by the name of Marcel sent me a a time lapse video of him building the house. Since I don’t have the set yet, it’s cool to see how everything came together. I’ll eventually do a review on the set when I get my hands on it but for now, I’ll just watch it being built. Check out the video below. Unfortunately, Marcel is speaking German so I’m not sure what was said at the beginning of the video.
Update: Marcel has emailed me clarifying that he was just explaining you can now buy the set in LEGO Stores as VIP members, how much the set costs, and how many pieces are in the set.
As we mentioned last week, the LEGO The Simpsons House (71006) will be available early for LEGO VIP members tomorrow at LEGO Stores and on Shop@Home.
If you’re buying online, I believe it will be available for purchase midnight EST/9:00pm PST. Remember you have to be logged in with your LEGO ID to add it to your shopping cart or else you’ll be seeing it coming soon on February 1st. There is a limit of two one per customer. The set contains 2523 pieces and will retail for $199.99.
Build The Simpsons™ House with detachable roof, modular design, car with dent, the famous family couch, 6 minifigures and so much more!
D’oh! The Simpsons™ House has been turned into LEGO® bricks!
Recreate hilarious scenes from the classic animated TV series with The Simpsons™ House. Taken right out of Springfield, this amazing model is crammed with tons of LEGO® brick detail. Lift off the roof and open up the house to discover Homer and Marge’s big family bedroom including bed and Maggie’s crib, Bart’s room with his skateboard and Krusty the Clown poster, Lisa’s room with her favorite books, jazz poster and more, and bathroom with shower, toilet, sink and mirror. Lift off the top floor to reveal the fully-fitted kitchen with dining table, chairs, yellow and light-blue tiled floor and lots of pots, pans and other accessories. Then it’s into the living room with couch and TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, purple piano and more. Next to the house is the detachable garage, complete with workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, broom, toolbox, tools and the family car, complete with dent (because only in a LEGO world are dents a plus!), opening trunk and ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant. Step outside onto the terrace and you’ll find loads of cool items, including a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof. The Simpsons™ House is the perfect collector’s item for fans of all ages. Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders.
- Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders
- First floor includes yellow and light-blue tiled floor, sink, oven and stove, drawers, cups, pot, pan, bowl, mixer, plates, cake tins, cutlery, dining table and 4 chairs
- Living room features TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, couch, boat painting, telephone, carpet, purple piano and staircase to the second floor with family photos
- Bart’s room features a bed, night lamp, desk with pin board, chair, Krusty the Clown poster, skateboard, shelves with books, radio and a cap
- Marge and Homer’s bedroom features a bed, 2 side tables, Maggie’s crib and Marge’s bag
- Lisa’s room features a vanity mirror with hairbrush, stool, bed, table with lamp and cup, shelves with books, magnifying glass, backpack and a jazz poster on the wall
- Bathroom features a shower, toilet, sink and a mirror
- Detachable garage features the family car, tools, workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, toolbox and a broom
- Family car with space for 4 minifigures features a dent in the front and an opening trunk to store Homer’s suitcase and a ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant
- Outside area includes a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof
- Can you spot all the items Homer has “borrowed” from Ned Flanders?
- Remove the roof and top floor to access the different rooms inside
- House is hinged in the middle for easy access
The perfect set for fans of LEGO® brick building and The Simpsons™!
- The Simpsons™ House measures over 9” (23cm) high, 16” (42cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep