LEGO News, LEGO Reviews, and Discussions

Category: Community (Page 93 of 159)

LEGO Answers Questions About LEGO Powered Up

LEGO Powered Up

A short time ago, LEGO asked LUGs and fan media around the world to take questions about the new LEGO Powered Up system which are in some of the new products such as the LEGO City Trains and in the App-Controlled Batmobile (76112).

Over on the LAN Blog, LEGO has answered a number of questions regarding the LEGO Powered Up system and it looks like there are major changes to expect from the old Power Functions system. One of the main questions I’ve seen been asked on social media is backwards compatibility with PF and it looks they will not be and LEGO will be leaning on the AFOL community to come up with solutions to that problem.

There’s a lot to take in at this time because LEGO Powered Up is still very new but I’m interested to see how the LEGO community will manage to integrate it into their current setups especially in the train and great ball contraption communities where a tried and true framework is still ideal for what they need their layout to do.

What are your thoughts on Powered Up? Let us know in the comments below.

Continue

LEGO SDCC 2018 Swag Pack Giveaway Winner

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Last week I ran a contest for some SDCC 2018 LEGO swag including some posters and the Jessica Cruz minifigure. The contest is now over with over 8,600 entries and the winner is:

Cesar R.

I’ve already contacted the winner and have already gotten shipping information. That’s why I waited to announce the winner because I didn’t want to change it if I didn’t get a response and had to choose another winner. Stay tuned as I’ll have another giveaway pretty soon for something different.

Continue

LEGO – The Toy That Changed Our Lives Newsweek Collector’s Edition Available July 17

Newsweek: LEGO - The Toy That Changed Our Lives

The folks at Topix Media Lab has reached out to us letting us know of their latest Newsweek Collector’s Edition which is about LEGO. The issue named LEGO – The Toy That Changed Our Lives will be available starting July 17 where magazines are sold and it takes a look at the 60th anniversary of the LEGO brick, the 40th anniversary of the LEGO minifigure, and the 50th anniversary of LEGOLAND parks. I’ve already taken an early look at the issue and it’s a pretty fun read and I’m sure LEGO fans will want to add it to their collection. Again, it will be available starting next Tuesday and you can find it where magazines are sold or in the link above (July 17).

Continue

LEGO Minifigure Factory Debuts in Denmark

LEGO Minifigure Factory

Here’s something really cool that debuted at the Copenhagen LEGO Brand Store earlier today. LEGO fans love customizing their minifigures and LEGO has introduced the Minifigure Factory which allows fans to customize the design of a minifigure torso and print them directly onsite. The cost is 30DKK which is about $5 and the invention is by designer Jens Hjorth who has shared the project on Facebook. It has taken 18 months for the LEGO Minifigure Factory to come to fruition and it is currently doing a test run for two days in Denmark.

LEGO Minifigure Factory

From the looks of it, the Minifigure Factory has some premade designs to choose from for the front and back of the torsos. It doesn’t look like you have the option to upload your own design. It also looks like the machine can print a number of minifigures at the same time but it also means that you’ll probably have to wait until the machine fills up before it runs so it can be more efficient.

LEGO Minifigure Factory

LEGO Minifigure Factory

There’s no word yet on whether or not it will launch globally but hopefully the test run is successful so we can get them in every LEGO store. If you’ve been following my posts, you would know that the LEGO Mosaic Maker has finally made it to the United States so it’ll be quite a while before we see the Minifigure Factory over here if LEGO does decide to launch it worldwide.

LEGO Minifigure Factory

Continue

LEGO House: Home of the Brick Now on Netflix

LEGO House: Home of the Brick

LEGO has released their newest documentary on Netflix with LEGO House: Home of the Brick. The 47 minute show takes you through the journey of how it came from the an idea from Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen come to reality.

From 15th June you can discover the fascinating LEGO spirit manifested in the ultimate LEGO building on all NETFLIX servers globally.

The original idea behind the LEGO House came from Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen – a dream for the LEGO Group and for the town of Billund.

A unique journey into the making of a house built on a foundation of dreams. This is a construction diary unfolding the endless possibilities of the LEGO brick.

The concept has all the way been to build a LEGO House which would offer the most amazing hands-on experiences and inspire the guests to embrace creativity.

This includes a one of a kind architectural idea by BIG and Bjarke Ingels, a restaurant that serves the food by robots, 25 million LEGO bricks and dedicated staff that tries, fails and revises ideas in order to reach the company motto: Only the best is good enough.

Continue

LEGO Tweets About Secret Service Aston Martin Set

LEGO James Bond 007

A few hours ago, LEGO tweeted something very bizarre about something they’re working on. The tweet says:

We’ve been thinking about creating a special Secret (Service) model that could help an agent out in a tricky situation. Any ideas? @astonmartin #LicenceToBuild

The accounts for Aston Martin and even James Bond have replied to the tweet and posted the above image. Connecting the dots, LEGO is working with Aston Martin and the James Bond franchise to produce a set, possibly the famous Aston Martin DB5. What do you think the tweet by LEGO is referring to?

Continue

LEGO House Documentary Coming to Netflix

LEGO House

LEGO has announced that starting tomorrow, there will be a special LEGO documentary on the LEGO House coming to Netflix. The show takes you through the journey of how an idea from Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen come to reality. Check out the trailer below.

From 15th June you can discover the fascinating LEGO spirit manifested in the ultimate LEGO building on all NETFLIX servers globally.

The original idea behind the LEGO House came from Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen – a dream for the LEGO Group and for the town of Billund.

A unique journey into the making of a house built on a foundation of dreams. This is a construction diary unfolding the endless possibilities of the LEGO brick.

The concept has all the way been to build a LEGO House which would offer the most amazing hands-on experiences and inspire the guests to embrace creativity.

This includes a one of a kind architectural idea by BIG and Bjarke Ingels, a restaurant that serves the food by robots, 25 million LEGO bricks and dedicated staff that tries, fails and revises ideas in order to reach the company motto: Only the best is good enough.

Continue
« Older posts Newer posts »

© 2024 The Brick Fan

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑