Brick Fanatics is reporting that the LEGO Lord of the Rings Tower of Orthanc (10237) will have an early release date for LEGO VIP members. Registered VIP members will be able to purchase the set on June 17th at LEGO brand stores as well as on Shop@Home. Will you be purchasing this set when it becomes available next month?
Build the The Lord of the Rings™ trilogy must-have model!
Finally, collect one of the most instantly recognizable and iconic buildings of The Lord of the Rings™ trilogy: The Tower of Orthanc! Build all 6 highly detailed floors filled with fascinating movie-related details including the attic, library, alchemy room, Saruman’s throne room, entrance hall and dungeon. This exclusive model stars in some of the most iconic scenes from The Lord of the Rings movies. Swoop down with the Great Eagle and rescue stranded Gandalf the Grey from his tower-top prison after his defeat at the hands of the white wizard, Saruman. Build the powerful, tree-like Ent, with poseable limbs and cool swinging arm function, then attack the Uruk-hai and Orc Pitmaster while Saruman and his servant Grima Wormtongue take refuge high in the tower. The Tower of Orthanc is a must-have model for any The Lord of the Rings collection! Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster.
- Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf™ the Grey, an Uruk-hai™ and the Orc Pitmaster
- Features 6 highly detailed floors with lots of functions, including a folding staircase, LEGO® light brick palantir, opening entrance doors and a trap door
- Weapons include 5 staffs, knife, sword, shield and a long axe
- The attic features a folding staircase, the 3 staffs of the missing wizards, the 2 keys of the Two Towers, 2 maps and an Uruk-hai helmet, shield and sword
- The library features 2 books, 2 torches, 2 maps and 2 skulls
- The alchemy room features 2 torches, a bomb (being produced for the Battle of Helm’s Deep™), 2 potions, bottle, skull, gunpowder keg, pot, cauldron and a long axe
- Saruman’s throne room features lamps, 2 bookcases with 3 potions, map, letter and the powerful palantir with a LEGO light brick
- The entrance hall features opening doors, trap door, 2 large banners, chandelier, statue and 2 axes
- The creepy dungeon features a chain, 2 bones, 2 skulls and a rat
- Buildable Ent features poseable limbs for holding a minifigure and a cool swinging arm function
- Attack the tower with the cool buildable and poseable Ent!
- Swoop to the rescue with the Great Eagle!
- Activate the LEGO light brick and make the palantir glow!
- Set the trap door and banish unwanted guests to the dungeon!
- Prepare the bomb for the Battle of Helm’s Deep!
- Swing the Ent’s arms to smash or grab things with the poseable fingers!
- Measures over 28″ (73cm) high, 8″ (21cm) wide and 6″ (16cm) deep
- Ent stands over 9″ (23cm) tall
Game Informer has recently received a promotional LEGO Star Wars set to promote The Yoda Chronicles animated series that will be premiering on Cartoon Network on Wednesday, May 29th. There is also a “huge” LEGO Star Wars event on Thursday, May 23rd at 11am in New York’s Times Square. LEGO will be unveiling the “world’s largest LEGO model.” We’re curious to see what this model could be, maybe a giant Yoda?
The promotional set contains 408 pieces that are in three numbered bags. There are two minifigures included in the set: Yoda and a female Padawan. There is also a droid. The set itself appears to be the archives of the Jedi Temple. Check out YourCreativeFriends review of the set below.
As you can see from the image above, there will be a new LEGO Castle minisite coming next month. Right now, you can play a Castle minigame if you go to the temporary site. The object of the game is to collect gems, coins, fruits, and other items to earn higher points and to avoid hazards like sword-wielding enemies, rocks, and falling trees. Thanks to Rucifeld for the heads up.
LEGO is currently offering a promotion where you can get the Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man vs. Fighting Drone (30167) polybag with any purchase of $50 or more. This promotion lasts from May 16th through May 31st, while supplies last and is valid at LEGO Stores as well as Shop@Home.
The new LEGO The Lone Ranger Tonto’s Campfire Polybag (30261) is now available at Toys R Us online store and well as at select brick and mortar stores. It contains 20 pieces and retails for $4.99 with a limit of 5 per customer. You can also get the polybag for FREE with a purchase of $79 or more.
The return of the LEGO Castle sets may be sooner than you think. According to Brickset, a worker at a Colorado Toys R Us store has seen the sets already on the shelves. If this is true, then the release date has been pushed up considerably since we were expecting them later on in the year. You may want to take a little trip down to your local Toys R Us stores to see if they’re on the shelves yet.
More official images of the 2013 summer wave of a couple of LEGO Star Wars sets have been released the past couple of days. These sets should be available in the next couple months here in the States but they have already shown up on the German Toys R Us site and on France’s Shop@Home.
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid (75015) – $19.99
Homing Spider Droid (75016) – $29.99
Duel on Genosis (75017) – $39.99
JEK-14’s Stealth Starfighter (75018) – $69.99
AT-TE (75019) – $99.99
Jabba’s Sail Barge (75020) – $119.99
Republic Gunship (75021) – $119.99
Mandalorian Speeder (75022) – $24.99
2013 Advent Calendar (75023) – $39.99