We can now finally see the box and set images of the summer 2016 LEGO Star Wars sets courtesy of The Brick Show. The first two sets are based on the LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures with the Eclipse Fighter (75145) above and the StarScavenger (75147) right below. There are also two sets from The Force Awakens as well as Rebels and the Clone Wars. This year’s advent calendar was also displayed but it does contain spoilers so that’s at the very bottom if you want check it out.
Eclipse Fighter (75145) – $29.99
StarScavenger (75147) – $49.99
Encounter of Jakku (75148) – $59.99
Resistance X-wing Fighter (75149) – $79.99
Vader’s TIE Advanced vs A-Wing Starfighter (75150) – $89.99
Clone Turbo Tank (75151) – $109.99
Captain Rex’s AT-TE (75157) – $119.99
LEGO Star Wars 2016 Advent Calendar (75146) – $39.99
There’s been a lot of new today, mainly from this thing called the 2016 New York Toy Fair. We’re still waiting for images from Chad but in the meantime, there is now an image of the upcoming LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Batman Classic TV Series – Mr. Freeze (30603) minifigure polybag from The Brick Show. This polybag will complement the Batman Classic TV Series – Batcave (76052) which will be coming out in a few days.
As you can see, Mr. Freeze is based on the Otto Preminger’s character in the TV show and comes with his freeze gun and jet nozzles from his suit. It was given out to attendees of the Toy Fair but there’s still no word on how the general public will be able to get the polybag at this time.
LEGO has officially announced the newest LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector’s Series set with the Assault on Hoth (75098) at the 2016 New York Toy Fair. Unfortunately some bad apples leaked it yesterday but today we get to see some higher quality images of the set as well as the official press release for it.
The LEGO Star Wars UCS Assault on Hoth (75098) will be available on Saturday, April 30 for the start of the May the 4th promotion. There will no be no VIP Early Access for the set. Check out the pertinent details of the set below.
75098 Assault on Hoth™
Ages 12+. 2,144 pieces.
US $249.99 – CA $299.99 – DE 249.99€ – UK £219.99 – DK 2199.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Play out action-packed Hoth battles like never before!
This fantastic LEGO® recreation of the Rebel force’s Echo Base from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back has all the details you need to create your own epic ice-planet battles. Set out on scouting missions with the Snowspeeder armed with twin spring-loaded shooters, and when you spot the enemy speeder bike, get back to base and help Luke, Han and the other Rebel heroes lock down the blast doors, ready the laser cannons, man the gun turrets with dual spring-loaded shooters and power up the devastating ion cannon, also with 2 spring-loaded shooters! This amazing model has so many more features, including a service area with crane, control room area, power generator with explode function, rotating communication dish, scout post with dual stud shooters and a Tauntaun with its own stable. There’s even a Wampa cave (with Wampa) for Luke to escape from! This amazingly detailed set’s modular design also means that you can create your very own Rebel base configuration. Prepare for ultimate LEGO Star Wars action!
• Includes 14 minifigures with assorted weapons: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Toryn Farr, Rebel Officer, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, K-3PO, 5 Rebel troopers and 2 Snowtroopers, plus an R3-A2, Tauntaun and a Wampa.
• Features Rebel base with modular wall and trench sections, a Snowspeeder and a speeder bike.
• Wall section features slidable blast doors, service area with crane, control room area, power generator with explode function, ion cannon with dual spring-loaded shooters, laser turret with spring-loaded shooters and space for a minifigure, scout post with dual stud shooters and space for a minifigure, Tauntaun stable and a Wampa cave.
• Trench section features heavy blasters, laser turret with double spring-loaded shooters and space for a minifigure, and a laser cannon with rapid stud shooter.
• Snowspeeder features an opening cockpit, extending speed flaps and 2 spring-loaded shooters.
• Weapons include Luke’s Lightsaber, 7 blaster pistols, 2 blaster rifles and 2 blasters.
• Accessories include 7 Hoth Rebel helmets, 2 Snowtrooper helmets, and Wes and Wedge’s flight helmets.
• Man the weapons and prepare to fire!
• Jump in the Snowspeeder and track the enemy.
• Keep a lookout for Imperial forces from the scout post.
• Close the blast doors and prepare for battle!
• Tend to the Tauntaun.
• Hoist up the Snowspeeder ready for servicing.
• Bring down orbiting starships with the devastating ion cannon!
• Can Luke escape the ferocious Wampa?
• Snowspeeder measures over 1” (5cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 6” (17cm) wide.
• Speeder bike measures over 1” (3cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
• Power generator measures over 3” (8cm) high, 6” (16cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep.
• Wall section including ion cannon measures over 5” (15cm) high, 20” (51cm) wide and 11” (30cm) deep.
• Trench section measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (35cm) wide and 4” (11cm) deep.
Earlier today, Disney XD has released a clip from the new LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises shorts that will be airing Monday, February 15 at 8:00pm EST. The show will feature many of the main characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie and will tell stories about the characters before the attack on Jakku. Check out the clip below as well as the official press release.
LEGO Star Wars Animated Short Featuring “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Characters to Debut Monday, February 15 on Disney XD
SHORT TAKE FROM DISNEY XD
LEGO STAR WARS animated short featuring “STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS” CHARACTERS, TO DEBUT MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15 ON DISNEY XD
An all-new animated short “LEGO® Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – Poe to the Rescue” featuring popular heroes and villains from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” will premiere MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15 (8:00 p.m. EST) on Disney XD.
“Poe to the Rescue” is the first episode in “LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises,” a series of all-new animated shorts that take place prior to the First Order’s attack on Jakku and tell never-before-told stories including Kylo Ren, Han Solo, Finn, Rey, BB-8, Maz Kanata and more.
Premiering immediately after Disney XD’s highly anticipated “Gravity Falls” finale, the short will follow Resistance pilot Poe Dameron as he comes to the aid of Admiral Ackbar who is being held captive by Captain Phasma. Kylo Ren, C-3PO and BB-8 will also appear.
Airdates for the additional episodes will be released at a later date.
At the beginning of the year, LEGO released a new Creative Building Set (10702) to complement their line of Classic sets. Upon looking at the box and the pieces that are included, it reminds me of when I was a kid myself when I just had a box of basic bricks and building random stuff with my dad. Now as a father myself, I get to pass that same concept of building using only our imagination with what is given in the set.
LEGO Nexo Knight fans, mark your calendars for a Toys R Us building event next Saturday, February 20 from 12-2pm local time. Kids are able to build and take home an exclusive Nexo Knights Shield Dock. The event is intended for kids but sometimes adults get lucky and are able to get one. Building events like these are very popular so I suggest getting there early as there are limited quantities available.
TRU Canada will have the event on Saturday, February 27 from 12-2pm.
The Jedi High Council Chamber project by lojaco is the latest one to achieve 10,000 supporters on LEGO Ideas. The set is based on the scenes from the Star Wars prequel trilogy where the Jedi masters meet. It also can incorporate Power Functions to give it more detail. The proposed piece count is under 1,500 pieces.
The Jedi High Council Chamber now joins the Fossil Museum, the Gingerbread House, the Modular Train Station, and the Old Fishing Store as the projects qualify for the First 2016 Review Stage. As cool as the project seems, it is based on LEGO’s top selling license which usually means it almost has no chance of it becoming an official set. Will that change in this review stage? We shall see in upcoming months.