LEGO 2015 Employee Gifts Revealed

LEGO 2015 Christmas Employee Gift Borkum Riffgrund (4002015)

You guys may have seen this already but I’ve held off reporting on it because some people might see it as a Christmas spoiler. We’ve seen how generous The LEGO Group is to their employees and for this year, they have some special Christmas gifts for everyone in the company.

First off, there’s a new set floating around on the secondary market called the Borkum Riffgrund (4002015). This 559 piece set is the 2015 Christmas gift that is given out to every employee around the world and is based off the offshore wind farm that LEGO has invested in to help the company reach 100% on renewable energy by 2020.

LEGO 2015 Christmas Employee Gift Borkum Riffgrund (4002015)

The other gift that LEGO employees will receive is a extra month’s salary for their hard work according to The Copenhagen Post. This is on top of their regular paychecks and is for all the work the employees have done to help LEGO become the number one toy company in the world. Indeed a very Merry Christmas to everyone that is part of the company.

Brickpicker Fundraiser Raffle

The holidays are for giving and being thankful for what we have. For some, they might not be as fortunate as others and this is where the story begins. The guys over at Brickpicker has emailed me about a fundraiser raffle they are doing to help keep Ed’s son school open which you can read in the link above. Long story short, the school is struggling to stay open and the guys are holding a raffle for a chance to win some retired LEGO sets, which comes from their own collection, and the proceeds will go directly to St. Paul School including:

Sealed Case of 64 Series 10 Collectible Minifigures (71001)
Creator Town Hall (10224)
Monster Fighters Haunted House (10228)
Star Wars Death Star (10188)
Star Wars UCS R2-D2 (10225)

The raffle tickets are $10.00 each for a particular item and for $50.00, you can get an entry for all the sets. The school needs $200,000 by the end of January and hopefully I’m able to spread the word about it on my little corner of the internet. Even though not every LEGO collector is a reseller, Brickpicker has been a great asset to the community with their price guides and I wish them the best on this campaign.

LEGO January-June 2016 English Catalog Now Available

LEGO January-June 2016 Catalog

With yesterday’s news of the 2016 LEGO set images coming out, LEGO has made the English (European) version of the January-June 2016 catalog publicly available for everyone to check out. We can now clearly see the sets as well as the official names of the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes sets like the Captain America: Civil War ones.

Thanks to Robert for the heads up.

National Geographic “Inside LEGO” Episode Airing Sunday, December 20

If you want to see what happens behind the doors of The LEGO Group, make sure to tune in to National Geographic this Sunday, December 20 at 8/7c for Inside LEGO. The show’s “Inside” series turns to the LEGO and Vice President of Design Matthew James Ashton as he shows how the company finds new LEGO Set Designers. Set your calendars/alarms/DVRs as Inside LEGO should be a very interesting episode for fans of the brick.

Thanks to Joseph for the heads up.

The Art Of The Brick: DC Comics Opens in Sydney, Australia

During San Diego Comic Con, Nathan Sawaya announced his latest LEGO exhibition, The Art Of The Brick: DC Comics, which opened at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney, Australia. Kotaku has a few of the 120 models that will be on display during the exhibition including the life-size 18-foot Batmobile. The Art of the Brick: DC Comics is a global tour with exhibitions at major cities around the world.

LEGO and Brand Station Producing Official LEGO Slippers

You’ve probably seen this already but here’s something fun for the holidays. Brand Station is partnering up with LEGO to produce some official slippers for this holiday season. There are 1,500 pairs of slippers that were produced and they’ll be randomly given away to people who fill out a Christmas wishlist on the LEGO France website. This probably means that a majority of us won’t know the comfort of these LEGO slippers which is a bummer but it’s still cool to see.

**Via Piwee**

New Change to LEGO Monthly Mini Build Registration

LEGO Monthly Mini Build Change

There’s been many changes to the LEGO Monthly Mini Events the past couple of months with the new registration system and the changing of the dates of when you can register and now, there’s another change starting next month.

Registration for LEGO’s December Monthly Mini Build starts today but there is information about January’s event at the bottom. Starting next month, in order to participate in the future LEGO Monthly Mini Builds, you have to be a VIP member and need a registered email address.

I assume most people who attend the events are already VIP members but if you’re not (I’m not sure why since it’s free), you can sign up here.

Pages ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21