On May 6, 2012, the Firefly Serenity project by Thomas Lockwood, aka tbone_tbl, on LEGO CUUSOO achieved 10000 supporters to be reviewed by the LEGO Jury to see if it was a good fit for the LEGO brand. Unfortunately, the project was deemed inappropriate for the core audience of children ages 6-11 and was quickly rejected.
Although the rejection was disappointing, it didn’t bring Thomas down. In the following months, he worked hard to redesign the Serenity in preparation to sell the instructions as well as to put together a kit. The time has finally come to reveal the final product. In conjunction with a 3rd party called Etadyne Industries LLC, the Firefly Serenity playset, instructions, as well as the minifigures are all available for sale. Check out the features and images below for more details. Now’s your chance to pick one up if you wanted it before!
- Opening loading ramp & bottom hatch
- Minifig-capable cockpit
- Light-up Firefly drive (battery included
- Playable dining area & cargo hold
- Crazy Ivan capable rotating engines
- Data Card with ship stats to go on a stand
- Free Parts List!
- 24″ long x 16″ wide x 7″ tall
- 2186 new unused pieces
- Includes complete build instructions in pdf form, delivered via email.
- Minifigs are NOT INCLUDED and are available as a separate kit.
- Kit# 3010 currently retails for $385.00, plus $11 S&H.
When you make a purchase or, sometimes, carry out some other action as direct result of clicking on a link at The Brick Fan, we will receive a small commission.
The Brick Fan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.