Yesterday was the LEGO Stranger Things event at the Flatiron and Leicester LEGO Brand Stores and if you attended, there was also a building event for a make and take for the Castle Byers build. A user on Reddit has provided the building instructions for Castle Byers but the stickers are exclusive to that set. The parts needed for the build are as follows:
The LEGO Stranger Things The Upside Down (75810) is now available for purchase for VIP members for $199.99. It will be available to the general public on June 1.
The new LEGO Stranger Things The Upside Down (75810) is now available for purchase on LEGO [email protected] for VIP members. The set contains 2,287 pieces and it retails for $199.99 and it features the Byers’ house from the hit Netflix show. The set also includes eight minifigures of some of the characters that are easy to recognize who they are.
Well here’s something coming out of Brick Heroes that’s pretty unexpected. There’s a listing on BrickLink for a LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Shazam! (30623) polybag that is based on the recent film. The torso is the same one as in the upcoming Batwing and The Riddler Heist (76120) but the head sort of resembles Zachary Levi from the movie. There’s no word on when this new Shazam! polybag will be available but it’s possible it could be in June when the new LEGO Batman 80th Anniversary sets are released.
Earlier today, LEGO officially announced the LEGO Stranger Things The Upside Down (75810) and as part of the press packet, we also received the designer video for the set. Since the show takes place in the 80s, LEGO also decided to do their video in an 80s VHS style. LEGO Designer Justin Ramsden goes into detail of some of the features in the set.
After many teasers the past few weeks, LEGO has officially announced the LEGO Stranger Things The Upside Down (75810). Retailing for $199.99 and coming in at 2,287 pieces, the set will be available for VIP members starting on May 15 and to the general public on June 1.
The Upside Down features both the regular version of the Byers’ house and the alternate dimension one which you can flip over to showcase either side of the set. In addition, there will be eight minifigures of the characters from the show as well as a display stand for them.
Check out the press release and more images of the set below. I’ll have my review of The Upside Down soon so stay tuned for that.
75810 The Upside Down
Ages 16+. 2,287 pieces
US $199.99 – CA $269.99 – DE €199.99 – UK £179.99 – FR €199.99 – DK 1799DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
The ultimate LEGO® Stranger Things model to build and collect!
Fans of the global hit Netflix original series will appreciate the authentic details of this highly collectible LEGO® Stranger Things toy – 75810 The Upside Down. This sturdy, brick-built model can flip between the real world and The Upside Down. The design of the model’s building instructions makes it a great shared building experience with friends and family. The Byers’ house features Will’s bedroom, the living room and the dining room. The Upside Down version of the house, from an alternate dimension, features all the rooms from the real-world model but with a dark, vine-covered, dilapidated look that fans will instantly recognize from the series. With 8 Stranger Things figures, each with its own accessories, this playset makes a great gift for Stranger Things fans who will love to build and display this model to show their passion for the series.
• This LEGO® Stranger Things toy includes 8 instantly recognizable Stranger Things minifigures from the hit Netflix original series: Eleven, Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, Will Byers, Joyce Byers, Chief Jim Hopper and the Demogorgon.
• The Byers’ house features a front porch with furniture, living room, dining room and Will’s bedroom.
• The living room features authentic details from the series, like the alphabet wall with a light-up function, couch, coffee table, telephone, axe, ‘have you seen me?’ flyer stickered element and a bear trap to catch the Demogorgon.
• Will’s bedroom plays a central role in the series, which this model faithfully replicates, including details like Will’s boombox, bed, desk, desk lamp, drawings and movie posters.
• The dining room includes an armchair, boxes that store Christmas lights, fantasy game rule book stickered element and a potted plant.
• The attic space includes a Mind Flayer drawing stickered element and a wizard hat for ‘Will the Wise’.
• The Upside Down set captures the look and feel from the Netflix original series, including creepy vines, dark coloring and a dilapidated look.
• Chief Jim Hopper’s police truck includes a removable roof for easy access to the interior and a pumpkin element as a reminder of Season 2.
• Accessory elements include Lucas’ slingshot and flashlight, Dustin’s walkie-talkie and compass, Mike’s flashlight and walkie-talkie, Hopper’s coffee mug, Joyce’s flashlight and drawing of ‘Will the Wise’, and Eleven’s waffle.
• This Stranger Things collectible includes over 2,200 pieces and comes in 11 bags, so the real world and The Upside Down can be built at the same time for a shared building experience.
• Measures over 12” (32cm) tall, 17” (44cm) wide and 8” (21cm) deep.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from June 1, 2019 (May 15, 2019 for LEGO VIP)
It was about a month ago when I reported that Carter Baldwin will be joining LEGO later this year on their Super Heroes design team and he has now provided instructions for his LEGO Spinner from Blade Runner 2049 for free. They are now available over on Bricks on the Dollar and you can build your own using parts from your collection. While you’re at it, make sure you check out some Carter’s other builds that are available for purchase.