Just a short while ago, The LEGO Group wrapped up their 2015 Annual Report and the numbers show you why they are still one of the top toy brands in the world.
The top themes for 2015 were in random order DUPLO, Ninjago, City, Star Wars, Ninjago, Friends while the best selling sets were Elsa’a Sparkling Ice Castle, Millennium Falcon, City Police Station, Mindstorms EV3, and Heartlake Grand Hotel.
- Revenue growth excluding foreign exchange impacts was 19% year over year on a local currency basis.
- Revenue increased by 25% in DKK to DKK 35.8 billion against DKK 28.6 billion in 2014.
- The year’s operating profit increased to DKK 12.2 billion against DKK 9.7 billion in 2014 – an increase of 26%.
- Net profit was DKK 9.2 billion compared to DKK 7.0 billion in 2014 – an increase of 31%.
- Injury rate per million work hours was 1.4 compared to 1.7 in 2014.
More than 90% of waste from production sites recycled.
- The number of employees in the LEGO Group increased from 14,762 at the end of 2014 to 17,294 at the end of 2015.
When you make a purchase or, sometimes, carry out some other action as direct result of clicking on a link at The Brick Fan, we will receive a small commission.
The Brick Fan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.