Today LEGO has launched a new social network that is aimed towards kids called LEGO Life. The app is available for free on both iOS and Android. There are lots of stuff to do on it including quizzes, building challenges, create a digital minifigure, and more. Kids can also upload photos of their creation and post them online. Check out the full press release for LEGO Life below.
LEGO is looking for feedback on it so let us know how the kids like it and what can be improved on and we’ll send it over.
LEGO Group Launches LEGO® Life, a Safe Social Network for Kids Under 13
– LEGO Life Extends Play Through an Evolving Community of Inspiration that Adheres to the Highest Standards for Child Safety Online –
– New LEGO Emoji Keyboard and Themed Feeds Innovate on the Best of Today’s Social Network Features to Allow Kids and Tweens to Share and Communicate with Thousands of Other LEGO Fans –
BILLUND, Denmark (January 31, 2017) – Building on its experience with nurturing communities and extending its expertise in developing quality, child-friendly digital play experiences, The LEGO Group today announced the launch of LEGO® Life, a safe social network for kids under the age of 13. The app-centered digital experience allows young LEGO builders of all levels and interests to connect with a community of like-minded peers to express their creativity, share their LEGO creations, interact with LEGO characters, and inspire one another. The experience launches today in the U.S., U.K., Canada, France, Germany, Denmark, Austria and Switzerland, with additional markets launching in 2017 and 2018.
“The LEGO Group aims to develop digital experiences that complement and enhance LEGO play,” said Rob Lowe, head of LEGO Life. “LEGO Life creates a platform that amplifies the joy of building and pride of creation that kids experience with tactile play through the digital world in a safe way – further unleashing creativity among kids and tweens on a much broader scale.”
LEGO® Life Increases the Sociability and Personalization of LEGO Play
LEGO Life bridges physical and digital play experiences, innovating on the best of today’s social network features to add a social layer to LEGO play. After seeing millions of kids share their pride of creation in the “Cool Creations” section of LEGO Club Magazine and use LEGO.com message boards to share stories and photos about LEGO building, a richer, more dynamic social media platform such as LEGO Life is a natural next step in the evolution of LEGO community engagement.
“LEGO Life provides the platform where kids and tweens can take their LEGO creations and stories and give them the audience they deserve,” added Lowe.
The LEGO Life app lets kids personalize their LEGO experience through direct interaction with their favorite LEGO characters, exclusive content, an in-depth 3D LEGO minifigure avatar creator, and fun building inspiration and challenges. LEGO Life also introduces a custom LEGO Emoji Keyboard with which kids and tweens can communicate about what they create in LEGO form, as well as comment on what their peers share.
“LEGO bricks are already established as a global visual language that kids understand and use to express themselves,” explained Lowe. “The LEGO Emoji Keyboard takes this personalization one step further with a keyboard of recognizable emojis augmented by stickers and phrases that let kids engage safely within LEGO Life.”
According to global research that informed the development of LEGO Life, 90 percent of kids surveyed are aware of emojis and their use in communication. When asked if they use emoji icons, approximately 40 percent of kids said “yes.” By infusing a LEGO look and feel into familiar emoji vernacular, the LEGO Emoji Keyboard helps kids and tweens inspire and support each other even though their spelling and typing skills may be still developing.
LEGO® Life is a Constantly Growing Source of Inspiration
Similar to mainstream social media platforms, LEGO Life delivers a newsfeed customized to user preferences. The app encourages kids and tweens to identify and “follow” topics of interest so that their feed is populated with relevant images, challenges and more. For example, kids can choose to follow groups dedicated to certain animals, vehicles, heroes, specific LEGO themes, seasonal programs or regional topics that they find most relevant.
Additionally, LEGO Life provides kids and tweens with inspiration and mentorship in fun and engaging ways. LEGO Master Builders will share creations and issue a variety of building challenges within LEGO Life to encourage building and sharing among the community. Characters such as Master Wu from LEGO NINJAGO, Emma from LEGO Friends and LEGO BATMAN™ will share building inspiration and will appear within the app to comment on member builds. New features will be continually added to the experience.
As the network grows and expands, users will find other ways to customize their LEGO experience, such as earning rewards for their engagement in LEGO activities and the ability to inventory their LEGO collection, among many other things. LEGO Life will also be available through many other LEGO touchpoints to enable as many LEGO fans as possible to experience its potential.
LEGO® Life is Safe and Secure
LEGO Life is a safe social network for kids under 13. It is designed to be a child’s first digital social experience, taking users by the hand and introducing them to some of the core concepts of a social network, all through the trusted values associated with the LEGO brand. As detailed in the Digital Safety section of LEGO Life, participants’ safety is assured in several ways.
No Personal Information
LEGO Life prevents kids from sharing personal information, images, or anything that could allow users to identify and locate one another. For example, when a user creates an account, he or she uses the random name generator to create a silly 3-word mix for a display name, such as “DukeCharmingShrimp” or “ChairmanWilyDolphin.” In place of real or facial photos for LEGO Life profiles, users create their avatar by selecting the LEGO minifigure or minidoll of their choice, adding clothing, hair and more to create their virtual persona.
All content and comments on LEGO Life are monitored by LEGO employees who specialize in moderation to ensure that it is LEGO Life-appropriate and child-friendly. All moderators go through brand and child safety training, and the moderation team is located in LEGO offices around the world to ensure quality, always-on service. Use of the LEGO Emoji Keyboard replaces actual text when commenting on user-generated content. Commenting is tightly controlled and pre-moderated while emoji comments are post-moderated, keeping communication simple, universal, positive and fun.
Adherence to the LEGO Safety Pledge and UNICEF Standards
The LEGO safety pledge is a method for parents to talk to their children about digital safety while establishing a shared commitment to ground rules for online social behavior, and LEGO Life policies and procedures adhere to these ground rules. Additionally, LEGO Group has an ongoing partnership with UNICEF through which the company received guidance as to how to ensure child safety in developing LEGO Life. UNICEF and LEGO Group also partnered to develop a tool which enables companies to assess their current efforts around children’s digital safety.
LEGO Life may be downloaded for free beginning today in the App Store for iOS devices and at Google Play for Android devices.
The 2017 Nuremberg Toy Fair has kicked off and we’re teaming up with our friends at PromoBricks to bring you coverage of the event. There are a lot of LEGO sets being displayed on the show floor from a variety of LEGO themes. Follow their Facebook for updates.
I’ll keep updating as more images come in.
Update: Zusammengebaut also has other angles of the sets.
DC Comics Super Heroes
Confidential Boxes – Three Justice League sets. 76085, 76086, 76087
Confidential Boxes – Eight Disney Cars 3 sets.
Marvel Super Heroes
Confidential Boxes – Two Spider-Man: Homecoming sets. 76082, 76083
Two Thor: Ragnarok sets. 76084, 76088
The LEGO Ninjago Movie
Set 71019 will be the LEGO Ninjago Movie which consists of 20 minifigures to collect.
It looks like if you’re going to see The LEGO Batman Movie opening weekend (February 9-12), AMC Theatres may be the way to go. According to The LEGO Batman Movie page, it states AMC Stubs members who watch The LEGO Batman Movie in RealD 3D will be an AMC exclusive Batman minifigure with your ticket purchase. However, over on the promotions page, it shows that they’ll be giving away the Batman in the Phantom Zone (30522) polybag which is currently available at Target stores.
At first glance, one link says an exclusive minifigure while another says something that’s not exclusive. If you’re going to see the movie opening weekend anyways, it doesn’t hurt to check out AMC Theatres to see what they have available. If it’s an actual exclusive minifigure then great but if not, you still get a cool polybag out of it. There’s no word if Regal Cinemas will have any promotions for the movie.
If you’ve been holding off on the LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Battle on Takodana (75139), now is a great time to pick it up on Amazon. It is currently on sale for $35.53 which is 41% off the retail price of $59.99. The set contains 409 pieces and contains the exclusive Maz Kanata and the TR-8R Stormtrooper minifigures.
The Scarecrow Fearful Face-off is the smallest of the summer sets and includes Batman and the Scarecrow. There’s also another part of the Gotham Energy Facility to add on to the existing ones. The set will retail for $14.99.
Team up with Batman™ to stop Scarecrow spreading fear in this action-packed THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE: Scarecrow™ Fearful Face-off set. The Gyro-Copter features two spinning rotors, an adjustable rudder and two bomb-drop functions to drop the included fear gas bomb elements. Attach Batman’s jetpack with Batwings and adjustable boosters, and arm him with the grappling gun to role-play an aerial battle. The set also features a power plant mini build with an explode function for added jeopardy, plus two minifigures.
• Includes two minifigures: Scarecrow™ and Batman™.
• Scarecrow’s Gyro-Copter features top and rear spinning rotors, an adjustable rudder, two bomb-drop functions and three translucent-green fear gas bomb elements.
• The power plant mini build has space for a fear gas bomb element and an explode function.
• Also includes Batman’s jetpack with Batwings and two adjustable boosters with translucent flame elements.
• Includes Batman’s grappling gun.
• Gyro-Copter measures over 3” (9cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
• Power plant mini build measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 1” (3cm) deep.
The Bane Toxic Truck Attack is a 6×6 truck which has a six-stud shooter and the set also has Batman’s Whirly-Bat vehicle. Minifigures included with the set are Batman, Mutant Leader, and the bigfig Bane. The set will retail for $49.99.
Stop Bane™ and Mutant Leader’s toxic attacks with Batman™ in this exciting THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE: Bane™ Toxic Truck Attack set, including Bane’s Toxic Truck, Batman’s Whirly-Bat flyer and a toxic waste mini-build with explode function. The six-wheel truck features rear four-wheel suspension and a mounted six-stud rapid shooter and detachable toxic tank element. Includes two minifigures, a big figure and assorted play-inspiring weapons and accessory elements including Batman’s Batarang, Mutant Leader’s torch and Bane’s Venom backpack.
• Includes two minifigures: Batman™ and Mutant Leader, plus a Bane™ big figure.
• Bane’s 6×6 Toxic Truck features a minifigure cockpit, space for Bane™, six big wheels with rear-four-wheel suspension, mounted adjustable six-stud rapid shooter with target-sighting element, and a detachable translucent-green toxic tank element.
• Batman’s Whirly-Bat features a minifigure seat, rotating rotor, two adjustable Batwings and two wheels.
• Also includes a toxic waste mini-build with a silo, three toxic bomb elements and explode function.
• The Bane™ big figure features posable arms and legs, and has a Venom backpack.
• Weapons include Batman’s Batarang and Mutant Leader’s torch.
• Accessory elements include Batman’s cape and molded utility belt.
• Bane™ stands over 2” (7cm) tall.
• Toxic Truck measures over 4” (11cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide.
• Whirly-Bat measures over 3” (9cm) high, 2” (6cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
• Toxic waste mini-build measures over 2” (6cm) high, 1” (4cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep.
The Two-Face Double Demolition has minifigures of Batman, Two-Face, and two GCPD officers and will retail $59.99. The Double Demolition has a large excavator arm and bucket and also has a six-stud shooter on the side. Batman comes with a sleek Batcycle.
Stop the mighty Two-Face™ Excavator with Batman’s Batcycle in this thrilling THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE: Two-Face Double Demolition set. The Two-Face excavator has a minifigure cabin, operational excavator arm and bucket, articulated design for smooth steering. It might look like a normal digger from one side, but check out the ‘bad side’ featuring spikes on the huge wheels and a six-stud rapid shooter. The Batcycle features an opening minifigure cockpit, rotating double stud shooter and rotating flick missile shooter. The set includes four minifigures who are equipped with assorted weapons and accessories to inspire endless action-packed role-play scenarios.
• Includes four minifigures: Batman™, Two-Face™ and two GCPD officers.
• Two-Face™ excavator features a ‘good-and-bad-side’ design, minifigure cabin, removable roof and opening weapon storage compartment with a pistol, four huge wheels (two with spikes on the ‘bad’ side), operational excavator arm and bucket, articulated design for smooth steering, six–stud rapid shooter, rotor blade and rear storage compartment.
• Batcycle has two big wheels, an opening minifigure cockpit with translucent-yellow windshield and Batwing doors, rotating double stud shooter and rotating flick missile shooter.
• Also includes two road barrier elements.
• Scoop up minifigures—and even the Batcycle—with the excavator!
• Weapons include Batman’s two Batarangs, Two-Face’s tommy gun and the GCPD officers’ shotgun and pistol.
• Accessory elements include Batman’s cape and molded utility belt and the GCPD officers’ two protective vests, police hat and walkie-talkie.
• Two-Face™ excavator measures over 4” (12cm) high, 11” (29cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
• Batcycle measures over 1” (5cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
• Road barriers each measure over 1” (3cm) high, 1” (5cm) wide and under 1” (2cm) deep.
Finally, The Batwing includes minifigures of Batman, Robin, and a new version of Harley Quinn. Nicknamed the Black Thunder, the Batwing has an opening rear compartment that can fit the small car inside. Harley will also have a six-stud cannon as well. The set will retail for $89.99.
Fly high above Gotham City in the Batwing and battle against Harley Quinn™ with Batman™ and Robin™ in this cool THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE: The Batwing set. The Batwing features an opening dual minifigure cockpit for Batman and Robin, rotating boosters, adjustable wings for flight and landing modes, two spring-loaded shooters, two disc shooters and an opening rear compartment with a car inside. Harley Quinn has a mobile cannon with a six-stud rapid shooter. Includes three minifigures with weapons and accessory elements including Batman’s Batarang and Harley’s hammer.
• Includes three minifigures: Batman™, Robin™ and Harley Quinn™.
• Batwing features an opening dual minifigure cockpit with translucent-yellow windshield, rotating boosters, adjustable wings for flight and landing modes, two spring-loaded shooters, two disc shooters, opening rear compartment with a small car (with a minifigure seat) inside, and translucent light-style elements.
• Harley’s cannon features a six-stud rapid shooter and two wheels.
• Weapons include Batman’s Batarang and Harley Quinn’s spinning hammer.
• Accessory elements include Batman™ and Robin’s capes, Batman’s molded utility belt and Harley Quinn’s tutu.
• Batwing measures over 5” (15cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 18” (48cm) wide in flight mode, and over 3” (9cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 20” (53cm) wide in landing mode.
• Car measures over 1” (2.5cm) high, 1” (5cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
• Harley’s cannon measures over 2” (6cm) high, 3” (8cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
Even though we saw the official images of the LEGO BrickHeadz sets last week which came from their servers, we now have the official press release for the sets. The sets will be be released to LEGO VIP members on February 15 as stated on the LEGO Store Calendar and to the general public on March 1. All the sets will retail for $9.99 which is very reasonable. Each LEGO BrickHeadz set comes with their own collector’s baseplate with series number so it’s most likely there will be more waves in the future.
US $9.99 – CA $12.99 – DE 9.99€ – UK £9.99 – DK 100.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
New for 2017, LEGO® BrickHeadz sets feature fun and stylized versions of iconic characters from your favorite movies, TV series, games and comics, reimagined in colorful brick form using LEGO System bricks with distinct details for a humorous twist. Each figure also comes with its own buildable collector’s baseplate with LEGO BrickHeadz icon and series number. LEGO BrickHeadz sets brings you a brand new way to collect, build and display.
• Each LEGO® BrickHeadz figure comes with its own buildable collector’s baseplate featuring series number and BrickHeadz icon.
• Have fun growing your LEGO® BrickHeadz collection with other classic characters from your favorite movies, TV series, games and comics
• Mash up your LEGO® BrickHeadz figures to create supercool hybrids or your own amazing characters.
• Each figure stands over 2” (7cm) tall without baseplate.
• Baseplate measures over 1” (4cm) square and under 1” (1cm) high.
Buildable Batman™ LEGO® BrickHeadz figure features colorful and authentic detailing, including his Batsuit with icon and utility belt decoration, glow-in-the-dark BrickHeadz eyes and a Batarang.
Build Batgirl™ in the new LEGO® BrickHeadz set, with Batgirl icon, uniquely decorated eyes, yellow Batarang, plus a display baseplate.
Buildable Robin™ LEGO® BrickHeadz figure features colorful and authentic detailing, BrickHeadz eyes and iconic outfit with icon, plus a display baseplate.
41588 The Joker™
Build The Joker™ in this LEGO® BrickHeadz set and laugh in the face of danger with his buildable green hair, white face and outfit from THE LEGO BATMAN™ MOVIE, plus a display baseplate.
41589 Captain America
Build Captain America in this LEGO® BrickHeadz set with iconic outfit and headgear, detachable shield, BrickHeadz eyes and a display baseplate.
41590 Iron Man
Build Iron Man in this LEGO® BrickHeadz set, featuring his iconic red and yellow suit of armor, BrickHeadz eyes and a display baseplate.
41591 Black Widow
Buildable Black Widow LEGO® BrickHeadz figure features authentic detailing, BrickHeadz eyes, buildable hair and two detachable batons, plus a display baseplate.
41592 The Hulk
This larger-than-life Hulk BrickHeadz figure is fun to build using colorful LEGO System bricks that recreate all of his iconic details, including buildable fists and hair, plus decorated muscles and a buildable baseplate.
There are more high resolution product images of the upcoming LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 sets. We’ve already seen some images of the sets but there are now closeup images of the minifigures as well as play features of the sets.
Ravager Attack (76079)
Includes Taserface, Mantis, Rocket
Ayesha’s Revenge (76080)
Includes Ayesha, Yondu, Star-Lord, Groot
The Milano vs. The Abilisk (76081)
Includes Nebula, Gamora, Drax, Star-Lord, Groot