LEGO News, LEGO Reviews, and Discussions

Category: Community (Page 71 of 159)

LEGO at the 2020 London Toy Fair

It’s already that time when con season will be kicking off soon and the 2020 London Toy Fair will be happening in a few short weeks. LEGO will be attending the event this year and according to the exhibit floor map, LEGO will be again taking up the Olympia Room as well as having a booth on the floor.

For this year, the London Toy Fair will be introducing media badges for both press as well as for influencers so maybe we’ll see some LEGO fan media from across the pond attending this year and if we’re lucky, see some details about future LEGO sets.

Continue

The Brick Fan 2019 Recap

It seemed that 2019 went by extremely fast and we’re already into the new year. That means that we can now take a look back at some of the statistics and other things that happened on The Brick Fan last year. This is probably one of my favorite times of the year simply because I like to see how my numbers stack up to previous years and also assess what I can do to improve.

We ended the year with 22,534,938 page views which is 51% more than in 2018. I’m not sure why the massive increase but I’ll gladly take it. As a result, unique views and first time visitors also dramatically increased as well.

One thing that is curious is that October’s traffic dropped a lot and I’m not sure why. There were 87 posts during the month which is on par compared to the other months of the year.

Our biggest traffic day was on November 19 with 121,434 page views. This was during the time when images of the 2020 sets started surfacing online. We finished off the year with 932 posts which is a bit more than previous years.

On to social media counts, we’re still slowly growing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Facebook now has 15,845 followers (11% increase), Twitter has 9,513 followers (18% increase), and Instagram has 15,254 followers (16% increase). The subreddit now currently has 404 readers subscribed. No that is not a page error for you programmers.

Last year was pretty successful in my … Continue

LEGO Steve Harvey Bust Spiked by Gronk

If you didn’t watch the New Year’s Eve coverage last night on Fox, there was a segment featuring former New England tight end Rob Gronkowski along with Steve Harvey as well as a LEGO bust of Steve. It didn’t take long for things to derail as Gronk spikes the bust to Steve’s surprise. I can’t really tell if Steve’s reaction is legitimate or not but it’s a shame that the bust got smashed up. I can’t imagine how long it took designers to create it and if they knew that was going to happen. Anyways, Happy New Year to everyone and it’s time to get out there and build those new LEGO sets!

Continue

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas!

We here at The Brick Fan would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays. We know it has been a very hectic season, especially for me, but I hope everyone got what you wished for and more. I’m sure many of you will be busy building some new sets so enjoy your day! Photo via aukbricks.

Continue

LEGO Masters – Meet the Teams

Fox has officially announced that contestants, paired in teams of two, that will be competing on LEGO Masters. Some of the contestants, you may know from the LEGO community whether you’ve seen them featured on other blogs or know them personally. Who do you think will win the crown of LEGO Masters?

THE BEARDED BUILDERS

Names: Boone & Mark
Home Towns: Troutdale, OR / Oregon City, OR
Occupations: Pre-K Teacher / HVAC Installer
Strengths: Technical builds / Apocalyptic worlds

EAST COAST BRICKSTERS

Names: Mel & Jermaine
Home Towns: Glen Burnie, MD / Bronx, NY
Occupations: Law Enforcement / Technical Cell Phone Consultant
Strengths: Great storytellers / Tall skyscraper buildings

THE UNICORNS

Names: Krystle & Amie
Home Towns: Dallas, TX / Dallas, TX
Occupations: Gaming Designer / Software Engineer
Strengths: Great storytelling / Character assembly

FATHER & SON BFFS

Names: Manny & Nestor
Home Towns: Bethlehem, PA | Bethlehem, PA
Occupations: Barber / Retired Truck Driver
Strengths: Organic builds / Mini-fig character development

BROTHERS WHO BRICK

Names: Travis & Corey
Home Towns: Irvington, NJ / Monmouth Junction, NJ
Occupations: Preschool Teacher / LEGO Engineering Instructor
Strengths: Creativity & Ingenuity / Speed

THE ECCENTRICS

Names: Sam & Jessica
Home Towns: Los Angeles, CA / Redding, CT
Occupations: Set Builder / Artist
Strengths: Ingenuity / Storytelling

MARRIED THESPIANS

Names: Flynn & Richard
Home Towns: Oakland, CA | Oakland, CA
Occupations: LEGO … Continue

BrickLink Updates Terms of Service After LEGO Acquisition

It has been almost about a month since LEGO announced that they have acquired BrickLink and there has been lots of talk about some of the ramifications regarding it. BrickLink has recently updated their terms of service when you log in and there’s some new terms that buyers and sellers will have to abide by.

Continue

LEGO Powered Up 3.0 Coming Soon

Last year, LEGO launched the LEGO Powered Up system and soon, they will be releasing the newest update for it which is LEGO Powered Up 3.0. One of the major changes to it is that it will support the latest LEGO Technic hardware. For those who have multiple hubs, you will be able to connect up to four hubs. Plus there’s a slight UI change and it’ll be cleaner and easier to use.

Ready for an early Christmas present? We are super excited to reach this milestone in our digital system in play, with LEGO Powered Up 3.0. With this update we hope to further empower your creativity and enable all of you to rebuild the world. Also, we have a fresh new look!

What’s new?

For those of you that have more than one hub, good news, you are now able to connect, address, code, and control multiple hubs (up to four actually).

The app now fully supports the new LEGO TECHNIC hardware. You are now able to connect the new LEGO TECHNIC hub, and use the internal tilt sensor, as well as the new LEGO TECHNIC motors. For the real techy ones, the app can read values from internal sensors (orientation (X, Y, Z), and acceleration (X, Y, Z) of the TECHNIC Medium Hub (Hub128). From the app you can pair motors on port AB, and CD. The app also supports the TECHNIC Large Linear Motor (Motor no. 2) and TECHNIC XL Linear Motor (Motor no. 3). From the app you can regulate power,

Continue
« Older posts Newer posts »

© 2024 The Brick Fan

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑