LEGO News, LEGO Reviews, and Discussions

Category: Community (Page 81 of 158)

Newsweek LEGO – Celebrating The World’s Favorite Toy Now Available

Newsweek Special Edition: LEGO - Celebrating The World's Favorite Toy

Newsweek has launched a new LEGO special edition magazine called LEGO – Celebrating The World’s Favorite Toy. The issue features interviews some some senior executives including CEO Niels B. Christiansen and Vice President of Innovation William Thorogood about their experiences with the company and their plans for creating a more sustainable future. The magazine also has some spreads LEGO sets and minifigures from LEGO’s vast history. It is now available for purchase online and in stores. Thanks to Emily for sending over some images of the magazine.

Continue

LEGO and IKEA Announces BYGGLEK to Promote Creative Play

Last year, LEGO announced they will be collaborating with the popular Swedish furniture IKEA to promote more creative play in the home environment. After that announcement, we really didn’t hear much about it ever since but recently, IKEA put out a press release to announce BYGGLEK which are some new products coming out in 2020 to stimulate play around the home. Although LEGO is geared towards kids, BYGGLEK will cater towards everyone, kids and adults alike. There’s not much else revealed from the press release but I’m sure more details will emerge by the end of the year.

Continue

New LEGO VIP Program Teaser

If you’re a LEGO VIP member, you may have received an email recently regarding the new LEGO VIP program. First of all, it looks like LEGO is moving away from the red color scheme we’re used to see with the VIP program and going to a blue color scheme.

In the email, they mention some of the new things that are coming to the program such as teasing about more ways to earn points every day, experiences and members-only gifts, and chose how may points to use instead of a reaching a certain level of points.

We already know that the VIP card will be going digital but you can still use a physical one if you want. Also the VIP points expiration clock will reset every time you make a purchase so basically the points stay active for 18 months as long as you make a purchase within that time frame.

Make sure your VIP account is registered as these new features will be rolling out very soon.

Continue

LEGO Digital Monthly Store Calendars Rumored to Include Promotions Again

LEGO Store Calendar

For a few months now, the LEGO Monthly Store Calendars have been quite useless as they have stopped showing upcoming promotions on them but that may change soon. I heard from a source that the new digital LEGO Store Calendars could be showing promotions on them again when it rolls out next month. To cater to fans even more, the calendars will be available the last Monday before the next month so for example, the July calendar will presumably be out on June 24. Of course I don’t want to get everyone’s hopes up if none of this happens but I have a good feeling that my source didn’t steer me in the wrong direction.

Continue

Last Month to Order from BrickLink AFOL Designer Program

BrickLink AFOL Designer Program

The general sale for the BrickLink AFOL Designer Program is now live and you can purchase any of the 13 successfully crowdfunded designs of your choosing. The sale will last until June 30 so as of this writing, there are 28 days left to put your orders in. Technically there are 12 sets that you can readily order as the Löwenstein Castle has been sold out but you can join the waitlist.

Each set will come with an individually numbered sticker on the sleeve of the box as well as a some holographic stickers that make it feel more like a high end product. You can check out more of these details over on Brickset.

Continue

LEGO Store Calendars Going Paperless Starting in July

LEGO Store Calendar

It looks like LEGO is making another change that may impact the way you shop at LEGO Stores. You may have received the same email this morning as they have announced that the LEGO monthly store calendar will be going paperless starting in July. I know some of you collect the calendars but most of us just like to have one physically to look at.

I can already see a small problem with this new change. Because the store calendars only show the in-store events for those who still use them, I have a feeling that there will be less people attending them because they have nothing to go on to see what will be happening unless the employees keep reminding them or blogs post about them. Just a quick poll, how many of you actually go to the LEGO Store page to look at the calendar or the in-store events?

Also with the LEGO store calendars going digital in a few months, hopefully they post the current month as well as the month after because that’s what the stores have been doing since forever.

Continue

LEGO Blade Runner 2049 Spinner Free Building Instructions

2049 Spinner

It was about a month ago when I reported that Carter Baldwin will be joining LEGO later this year on their Super Heroes design team and he has now provided instructions for his LEGO Spinner from Blade Runner 2049 for free. They are now available over on Bricks on the Dollar and you can build your own using parts from your collection. While you’re at it, make sure you check out some Carter’s other builds that are available for purchase.

Continue
« Older posts Newer posts »

© 2024 The Brick Fan

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑