LEGO Ideas has kicked off the actual building contest for the Chronicle Books puzzle that will be released at a future date. There are four categories that you can build for including Space & Astronomy, Nature Scenes, Retro, and Architecture. Submissions can be either actual Toy photography, a high quality photograph, or digital art.
Chronicle Books has given a hint on what they are looking for and they have said the best entries will:
• Feature a clear unifying theme or storyline.
• Make use of patterns, gradation, and/or repetition.
• Not have too much empty space or large borders.
• Include a variety of different colors.
• Have enough variation to be challenging as a puzzle for fans 9+
• Have good image quality (350 dpi or greater at puzzle size)
The judging phase will consist of a fan vote and a product idea review, each with their own announcements.
If there is a Puzzle Design Review winner, they will receive credit on the puzzle, 1% of net sales of the product (an “author” royalty) and 10 copies of the finished puzzle.
There will a winner for each category and each will get the following:
• Goodies from LEGO Publishing and Chronicle Books
• All of the below LEGO Ideas sets:
• 21322 LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay
• 21324 LEGO Ideas 123 Sesame Street
• 21325 LEGO Ideas Medieval Blacksmith
• 21326 LEGO Ideas Winnie The Pooh
The deadline to enter is July 20th, 2021 at 6:00 am EST.
When you make a purchase or, sometimes, carry out some other action as direct result of clicking on a link at The Brick Fan, we will receive a small commission.
The Brick Fan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.