LEGO has officially announced the LEGO Harry Potter Diagon Alley (75978). Releasing on September 1, the set has 5,544 pieces and will retail for $399.99. The build features a number of shops that is in Diagon Alley including Ollivanders Wand Shop, Scribbulus Writing Implements, Quality Quidditch Supplies, the Daily Prophet, Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor, Flourish & Blotts bookseller, and Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes. Each shop is modular so you can swap them around as you please. There are also 14 minifigures in the set, some of which are exclusive to this set.
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Diagon Alley™ (75978)
Age – 16 and up
• Diagon Alley set includes shops: Ollivanders™ Wand Shop, Scribbulus™ Writing Implements, Quality Quidditch™ Supplies, the Daily Prophet™, Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor, Flourish & Blotts™ bookseller, and Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes™
• The set brings the two worlds together in a magical hybrid: a rich and versatile display model, with a modularity aspect that allows fans to choose how to display the shops (all in a row, swapping them around, or even placing individual shops on different shelves!)
• Measuring more than a meter wide and made up of over 5,000 pieces, LEGO Diagon Alley features the iconic stores packed with authentic details from the movies to truly capture the ambience of the street.
• Includes 14 minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Ginny, Molly Weasley, Ollivander, Fred and George, Gilderoy Lockhart, Lucius Malfoy, Hagrid, as well as Florean Fortescue, the Daily Prophet photographer who have never been seen in LEGO form before.
• Price: £369.99 / $399.99 / 399.99EUR
GO ‘THROUGH THE BRICKS’ TO GET A FIRST LOOK AT THE NEW LEGO® HARRY POTTER® DIAGON ALLEY™ SET
Build your own LEGO QR code and discover the magic of the latest set with the LEGO augmented reality experience.
31st August 2020: The LEGO Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products are unveiling their hotly anticipated and longest Harry Potter set to date.The new LEGO® Harry Potter® Diagon Alley™ set, inspired by the magical shopping street featured in the much-loved Harry Potter film series, promises to delight fans across the world.
In celebration of the new Harry Potter set, fans everywhere can experience the magic of the new LEGO Diagon Alley set straight from their smartphones. From today, fans can go ‘Through the Bricks’ – in the same way Hagrid took Harry to Diagon Alley for the first time in the movie – for a first look at the intricate new set, brought to life using animated AR.
In just a few easy steps, fans will be transported to the most famous street in the wizarding world where they can explore the LEGO set, complete with the most iconic shops from the films including; a brick built Ollivanders™, Quality Quidditch Suppliers™ and Flourish & Blotts™ bookseller.
The AR experience will enable fans to see some of the amazing detail that have gone into recreating each shop, as well as see some of the minifigures interact with the set including; Harry Potter with his brand new wand from Ollivanders and the Weasley twins showing off a new item from their joke shop, Weasley Wizard Weezes™.
It couldn’t be easier for fans to enter the LEGO AR experience through three simple access points. Fans can either:
1. Tap on the link from their smartphone www.LEGO.com/EnterTheMagic
2. Scan the unique QR code with their phone in a LEGO store*
3. Or in true LEGO style, fans can build the QR code out of their own LEGO bricks –and then scan the code with their phone at home
Once inside the animated experience, minifigures of Fred and George Weasley will appear to welcome fans to Diagon Alley. James and Oliver Phelps, who star asthe Weasley twins in the Harry Potter film series, have joined the fun by creating their own QR codes to access the incredible LEGO set via their social media, online video, www.LEGO.com/EnterTheMagic. Fans can get involved before the official launch and build their own code out of LEGO bricks at home by watching the video or following the simple “How To” guide here www.LEGO.com/EnterTheMagic
James Phelps, who played Fred Weasley, commented on the AR experience: “It was really fun to challenge Oliver to see who could build the QR code the fastest– and the AR once you’re in the experience is fantastic. It’s a great way to see how the set comes to life and how all the shops have been transformed into a LEGO universe. Even better that our characters introduce fans to the experience too.”
On the LEGO set itself, Oliver Phelps, who played George Weasley, added: “We loved that our characters owned their very own joke shop and we are huge LEGO fans, so to see ‘Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes’ come to life in LEGO form has brought back lots of happy memories. We were both so impressed with the level of detail that has gone into each element of the set – the wackiness of the shop is really brought to life, including a hidden lever that allows the statue in our store to tip its hat to customers. There are even little packages of Dungbombs and Puking Pastilles!”
The LEGO® Harry Potter® Diagon Alley™ set will be available in LEGO stores and www.LEGO.com/EnterTheMagic worldwide from 1st September.
When you make a purchase or, sometimes, carry out some other action as direct result of clicking on a link at The Brick Fan, we will receive a small commission.
The Brick Fan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.