LEGO has officially announced the next LEGO Ideas with the Pop-Up Book (21315). It contains 859 pieces and retails for $69.99. The project was originally designed by Jason Allemann and Grant Davis and it quickly became a fan favorite on LEGO Ideas.
The Pop-Up Book features two popular short stories, Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk and both builds are interchangeable on the book base.
LEGO didn’t mention it in the press release but the set will be available starting on November 1. Check out more details in the press release below as well as more high-quality images. I’ll be releasing my review of the set later today so stay tuned for that.
Ages 12+. 859 pieces
US $69.99 – CA $89.99 –DE 69.99€ – UK 59.99£ – FR 69.99€ – DK 599DKK – AU $109.99
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Enjoy 2 classic fairy tales with this brick-mazing pop-up LEGO® book!
Build, play and display the classic fairy tales Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk with LEGO® Ideas 21315 Pop-up Book! This first-ever buildable pop-up book made from LEGO bricks opens to reveal the famous scene of grandmother’s forest cottage featuring opening door, bed and kitchen area. Recreate the scene when Little Red Riding Hood meets the wolf or swap out grandmother’s cottage for the scene of the giant’s castle in the clouds. This collectible toy features enough bricks to build both scenes or you can even build a scene of your own and makes a perfect creative gift. This LEGO set includes a booklet with a short history of pop-up books, a condensed history of each fairy tale in the set, as well as information about its fan designers and LEGO designers.
• Includes 4 new-for-November-2018 LEGO® minifigures: Little Red Riding Hood, Grandmother, the Wolf, and the Giant. Also includes 1 new-for-November-2018 microfigure: Jack.
• First pop-up book in LEGO history features 2 different LEGO fairy tale stories: Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk.
• Build and display or recreate your own stories from 2 classic fairy tales with this imagination toy.
• This LEGO® Ideas set features enough bricks to build both fairy tales in the set or you can even build your own scene.
• Includes a booklet featuring building instructions, a brief history of pop-up books, a short history of the 2 fairy tales in the set, plus information about this amazing classic fairy tale’s fan designers and LEGO® designers.
• Pop-up book measures over 7” (20cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide when closed, and over 11” (28cm) wide when open.