LEGO has finally announced the next LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector’s Series set with the updated Death Star (75159). It hasn’t been much of a secret the past couple of weeks but there are now official details of the set. It will have 4,016 pieces and retails for $499.99 which is 213 pieces and $100 more than the recently retired 10188 version.
Although there are many, many fans that aren’t impressed with it, the main appeal is to those who weren’t able to get the previous version or for new LEGO fans who has just started collecting LEGO Star Wars sets. I do understand the animosity against the new set when it was first “revealed” because there are very minor updates to it but at a higher price point. For those individuals, that means you can save your money and use it on other LEGO sets that interest you more.
One thing to note in the press release notes was that the UCS Death Star (75159) is not an indication of any future re-release or set updates.
75159 Death Star™
Ages 14+. 4,016 pieces.
US $499.99 – CA $599.99 – DE 499.99€ – UK £399.99 – DK 4499.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Win the battle for the Empire with the awesome Death Star!
Reenact amazing scenes from the Star Wars saga with the Empire’s ultimate planet-zapping weapon—the Death Star! With over 4,000 pieces, this fantastic model has a galaxy of intricate and authentic environments, including a superlaser control room, Imperial conference chamber, hangar bay with moving launch rack and Lord Vader’s TIE Advanced with space for Vader inside, Emperor Palpatine’s throne room, Droid maintenance room, detention block, trash compactor, tractor beam, cargo area, turbo laser with spring-loaded shooters and seats for the 2 Death Star Gunners, and 2 movable turbo laser towers. This fantastic set also includes 23 iconic minifigures and 2 Droids to ensure hours of Star Wars battle fun.
• Includes 23 minifigures: Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Imperial Navy Officer, Imperial Officer, 2 Stormtroopers, 2 Death Star Troopers, 2 Emperor’s Royal Guards, 2 Death Star Gunners, Death Star Droid, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C-3PO, Han Solo, Han Solo (disguise), Luke Skywalker (Tatooine), Luke Skywalker (disguise) and Luke Skywalker (final duel), plus R2-D2, an Imperial Astromech and a Dianoga trash compactor monster.
• Features a superlaser control room, Imperial conference chamber, hangar bay with moving launch rack and detachable TIE Advanced with space for Lord Vader inside, Emperor Palpatine’s throne room, Droid maintenance room, detention block, trash compactor, tractor beam, cargo area, turbo laser with spring-loaded shooters and seats for the 2 Death Star gunners, and 2 movable turbo laser towers.
• Weapons include 3 Lightsabers, 4 blasters, 3 blaster pistols, 4 blaster rifles, 2 force pikes, 2 Force Lightning elements and a bowcaster.
• Load up and fire the turbo laser’s spring-loaded shooters to keep the rebels at bay.
• Maneuver Lord Vader’s TIE Advanced into position and prepare for launch.
• Battle the Royal Guard in the throne room and then take on Palpatine himself!
• Help Leia escape from the detention block and swing to safety with Luke across the chasm!
• Will Obi-Wan shut down the tractor beam and help the rebels defeat the Empire?
• Can you spot the Dianoga trash compactor monster?
• Recreate other unforgettable scenes from the classic Star Wars films.
• The perfect addition to any LEGO® Star Wars collection.
• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 14 and over.
• Measures over 16” (41cm) high, and 16” (42cm) wide.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
September 30, 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone.
When you make a purchase or, sometimes, carry out some other action as direct result of clicking on a link at The Brick Fan, we will receive a small commission.
The Brick Fan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.