ReBrick and “The LEGO Movie” has just announced a film contest that allows the winner’s video to appear in the upcoming LEGO: The Piece of Resistance movie. You will have from March 25th to May 6th to film and enter your video on ReBrick and the top 25 videos with the most community votes will qualify for the final round of judging by an esteemed panel of judges. The lucky video chosen as the winner by the judges will get to be in the new movie.
There are a few “scenes” that are approved to be in the video: LEGO City, Space, Pirates, Western, Vikings, Dino, Castle, LEGO Pharaoh’s Quest, Adventurers, Atlantis, LEGO Ninjago, and Power Miners. As you can see, there are no licensed sets listed which means they are not allowed. You also cannot use any non-LEGO elements.
Now to what you’re entering the contest for, the prizes. The grand prize winner will getting a lot of other items in addition to having their scene in the movie. The lucky winner will get a Deluxe VIP Tour of the WB Studios which includes a 2-night hotel stay for 2 with airfare included. You also get to meet the directors and take part in a LEGO build, another 2-night stay in Los Angeles again with airfare. A customized engraved LEGO ticket that is designed and built by the official LEGO model shop. But wait, there’s more. Finally, you get a full product range of the set from the movie that is signed by the designers when it becomes available.
The second place winner will also get the WB Studios trip with airfare as well as the signed full product range of the sets. The third place winner will just get the signed product range. If your wasn’t chosen as the winners, there’s still some reasons to enter. There will be surprise biweekly prizes awarded throughout the contest. Plus you get to showcase videos that you’ve made to millions of people which may lead to more opportunities in the future.
LEGO: The Piece of Resistance is set to be released February 7, 2014. The film stars the voices of many big name actors including Will Ferrell, Liam Neeson, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, and Alison Brie just to name a few. See below for more details about the competition or go here. Good luck in the contest!
- The building contest is open to all users 16 years and older holding a ReBrick account. The voting process is open to all users holding a ReBrick account.
- To submit an entry: The video must be uploaded to YouTube (videos submitted from other sources, such as Vimeo or Flickr might not play on ReBrick and will inhibit voting) and then bookmarked in the Building Challenge category. Make sure to add the extended link and not the short URL (on YouTube choose ‘share’ and then fold down ‘options’ and check the ‘long link’ box), otherwise the video wouldn’t play on ReBrick.
- Entries must incorporate the theme of LEGO Minifigures modifying structures in their environment to fight the bad guy.
- The setting of the film must be from the following themes: LEGO City, Space, Pirates, Western, Vikings, Dino, Castle, Pharaoh’s Quest, Adventurers, Atlantis, LEGO Ninjago, and Power Miners.
- The contest begins March 25th 2013 at 9:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST). Entries submitted to ReBrick before this date and time will not be accepted into the contest. The competition is open for submissions until May 6th 2013 at 8:59 A.M. EST.
- Video must be between 15 – 30 seconds.
- You must capture your images using a camera that is at least 3.2 megapixels, which will be cropped to fit our aspect ratio (2.40:1 aspect ratio). You must frame your film within that aspect ratio.
- Any LEGO Minifigures featured in your film should only be from LEGO Group created IPs, such as LEGO City, Knights and Kingdom, etc. and should NOT be from a LEGO Group licensed set such as Star Wars or Harry Potter.
- This jury will review the 25 bookmarks with most likes and select one (1) grand prize winner, one (1) second place winner, and one (1) third place winner. The 25 semi-finalist videos will be reviewed based on creativity, originality and theme.
- The jury will consist of:
– Kevin Hinkle, North American Community Coordinator at the LEGO Group
– Phil Lord, Director of THE LEGO MOVIE
– Chris Miller, Director of THE LEGO MOVIE
– Chris McKay, Co-Director of THE LEGO MOVIE
- Official Judging will begin at 9:00 A.M. EST on May 13th 2013 and will end at 9:00 A.M. EST on May 20th 2013.
Entries must only contain elements from the LEGO® collection and no customized parts. Any use of the LEGO logo will also result in disqualification.
- All entries and entrants must follow the ReBrick House Rules.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow the official rules. Any form of cheating will result in a banning of user profile from ReBrick.