LEGO News, LEGO Reviews, and Discussions

Category: Community (Page 91 of 159)

LEGO Opening Pop-Up LEGO Brand Stores

Pop-Up LEGO Brand Store

LEGO has announced on the LEGO Ambassador Network blog that the company will be testing some new pop-up LEGO Brand Stores in select locations. The first one has opened up at The Shoppes at Buckland Hills in Manchester, Connecticut.

The pop-up LEGO Stores will be somewhat similar to a standard LEGO Brand Store but the main difference is the layout. Some of them will have products sorted by age and the rest will be sorted by price. There are also some other differences which I have listed below from the press release post.

Pop-Up LEGO Brand Store

A reason for LEGO opening up pop-up shops is that it gives kids and adults a chance to enjoy some of the fun experiences that they would’ve gotten from other stores like Toys R Us. Obviously, we don’t have TRU stores here in the US anymore so reaching out to that market is a great opportunity for LEGO and consumers to interact with each other.

Pop-Up LEGO Brand Store

LEGO is currently testing out the pop-up store experience and if this plan is successful, the LEGO Retail team will have opportunies to open more up in cities that don’t have a LEGO Brand Store near them. Other locations for the LEGO pop-up stores are listed below. LEGO will be asking for feedback so please let them know how you feel about them.

Continue

LEGO Named 2018 Most Reputable Company in EU5 Countries

The Reputation Institute has done a recent survey and has announced that LEGO is the most reputable company in 2018 across the EU5 countries. Topping the E5 RepTrak rankings which include Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and the UK, LEGO was named the company with the best reputation overall over other companies such as Bosch, Rolex, Sony, and Samsung. One of the main reasons why LEGO has named the most reputable company in the EU5 was its commitment to building a strong corporate brand and investment in corporate social responsibility. You can read more about the survey in the link above.

Continue

BrickLink AFOL Designer Program Details Revealed

BrickLink AFOL Designer Program

About a week ago, I reported that LEGO and BrickLink are teaming up to release something called the AFOL Designer Program and today we now have the details of what this program entails. It appears to be a crowdfunded program and the ones that are successful will become a limited edition 60 Years Anniversary set that is exclusive to BrickLink.

Starting next week on September 18, BrickLink will be accepting entries until November 18 and 20 finalists will be selected. Using the BrickLink Studio 2.0 program, design an original idea and the LEGO design team will review it to see if it is up to their standards. During the crowdfunding stage in February 2019, select designs will be announced and then fans can pre-order the designs at this time. When April 2019 rolls around, the successfully crowdfunded designs will become a limited edition set and orders will be shipping then.

In addition to your designing becoming a set, BrickLink will also pay 10% of the total sales revenue to designers for all successfully crowdfunded designs including pre-orders.

Check out the details of the AFOL Designer Program here and the full rules and FAQ here.

Continue

LEGO Releases Statement on Influx of Fake LEGO Shop Websites

Fake LEGO Website

In recent weeks, there has been a ton of fake LEGO sites that have been popping up on social media and many of you have emailed in asking if they were legitimate seeing that they have a similar design as LEGO Shop@Home. This is especially confusing considering that they have just expanded Shop@Home to five new countries. Some of these fake sites have prices that look extremely tempting to the untrained eye and a majority of these “companies” will try to steal your credit card information during checkout or may even send you bootlet sets.

LEGO has released an official statement with the numerous reports of these fake LEGO websites emerging from the woodwork.

A general thing to keep in mind is that LEGO only has one site to sell their products and that is on www.shop.LEGO.com. Some of these sites will have the word “LEGO” in the domain name to try and fool unsuspecting customers. Just be aware and and always check the URL of the site that you’re on. Also if the prices seem too good to be true compared to the ones found on Shop@Home, they probably are.

Continue

The Brick Fan Latest Updates

The Brick Fan Update

If you’ve been on the site recently, you may have noticed some slight but needed changes to the website. First of all, I’ve applied a new theme to the very outdated one I’ve been using since the site first started back in 2012. As a result, the website loads much more faster on the desktop but you still get a similar layout that I’ve had before. Also it is also updated for mobile users as it is also a responsive theme so now you can easily read it without having to zoom in on the articles.

Another change that I’ve made is the social media buttons which are now on on the top right hand corner. I’ve also added our subreddit on the list so you can join that and start some discussions if you like.

I’ve been wanting to make these changes for a while now but I haven’t had much time to do it plus I really don’t like changes but hopefully it’ll give a better user experience for the readers. If there are any bugs you encounter, let us know in the comments below. I’ll be keeping a watch on the site to see if I can find any issues but it should be fine for the most part.

Continue

LEGO and BrickLink Launching AFOL Designer Program

BrickLink AFOL Designer Program

BrickLink has announced that they have teamed up with LEGO to launch something new called the AFOL Designer Program. According to the post, BrickLink will be hosting the program for a short time so I assume LEGO will be hosting it themselves in the future. There’s no word on what it is about but stay tuned on September 12 when they announce the details of the program. What do you guy think the AFOL Designer Program is about?

Continue

LEGO Releases Revenue Report for First Half of 2018

LEGO First Half 2018 Revenue Report

The LEGO Group has released their report for the first half of 2018. If you remember back in March, the profits for LEGO declined last year and it looks like there has been mixed results so far for the first half of this year. Consumer sales went up on l% while the revenues stayed flat however the operating profits went up 4%. One of the main reasons for the numbers is because of the closure of Toys R Us in the US, UK, and Australia. The company has to find evolve how they distribute their products in the retail setting.

The top performing themes so far from January 1 through June 30 where LEGO Technic, LEGO Ninjago, LEGO Classic, and LEGO Creator. Also listed on the press release was LEGO City and LEGO Star Wars which continue to be one of their more popular themes.

Developments in first half 2018:
• Global consumer sales grew 1% in the six months to June 2018
• Revenue has stabilised and growth is flat while operating profit is up 4 percent in constant exchange rates compared with the same period in 2017.
• In DKK terms, revenue was 14.3 billion, a decline of 5 percent compared with 14.9 billion in the first half of 2017. Operating profit declined 4 percent to DKK 4.2 billion. Net profit was DKK 3.0 billion, down 10 percent. Cash flow from operating activities was DKK 4.1 billion, compared with DKK 4.6 billion in 2017. These declines were driven mainly by the weakening of

Continue
« Older posts Newer posts »

© 2024 The Brick Fan

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑