LEGO News, LEGO Reviews, and Discussions

Category: Community (Page 90 of 159)

Geoffrey’s Toy Box to be in Kroger Stores

Last month, it was revealed that Toys R Us was rebranded as Geoffrey’s Toy Box. It is basically a store-in-a-store concept and the first stores will be in a large Midwest retailer. My original guess was Meijer but it was announced that Kroger will be store that will have the first Geoffrey’s Toy Box. Starting this month, Kroger supermarkets will start to get displays with the Geoffrey branding and with it are a small selection of toys. There are currently no big brands on the portfolio including LEGO but we’ll see if this concept will eventually bring the bigger brands to the stores.

Continue

LEGO Inside Tour 2019 Registration Opens Tonight

LEGO Inside Tour

Registration for the LEGO Inside Tour will be opening starting tonight and will run for a few days. Starting at 10am CET/2am PST/5am EST, you can sign up through the registration page on the link above and it will be up until November 2 at the same time. It looks like LEGO has done away with the first-come, first-served system and will move to a lottery system which good and bad depending on how you look at it but it seems to be the most fair choice so everyone at least has a chance at it.

There are four tours for 2019 and they are as follows:

May 8-10
June 12-14
September 11-13
September 18-20

The tour isn’t cheap as tickets cost 14,500 DKK/~$2200 USD and the price includes 2 overnight stays with breakfast, catering, and entry ticket to LEGOLAND Billund. Travel costs and additional stays are not included so you’ll have to figure that price in the total as well. The price may seem quite high but everyone I’ve talked to who has attended in the past says it’s worth it. Upon leaving the LEGO Inside Tour, attendees also get a swag bag which includes the extremely limited exclusive Inside Tour set.

Continue

New LEGO Brand Store Grand Opening Exclusive Minifigures

LEGO Store New Orleans

There were two brand new LEGO Stores that opened this weekend here in the US with one in New Orleans at the Lakeside Shopping Center and one in Pittsburgh at the Ross Park Mall. As usual, there were exclusive minifigures given away for the first 500 customers. Unlike previous openings where LEGO gave away a three-pack of minifigures, they are now giving away a singular minifigure but each one has a special meaning to the store. I’m not sure if LEGO has given away single minifigures before this but this is the first time I’ve seen it.

For the New Orleans store, there is a Mardi Gras themed one with the minifigure having a purple and green outfit. These colors are synonymous with Mardi Gras which is a celebration period before Lent. The minifigure also has a saxophone as an accessory, which again, has a big part in the history of the city.

For Pittsburgh, fans get a generic hockey player and the sport is very popular there. Although it doesn’t say, the minifigure does have the colors of the Pittsburgh Penguins so that’s pretty cool too.

If you know there’s a LEGO Store coming to your city, check out the LEGO Events Page to get a sneak preview of them every month.

LEGO Store Pittsburgh

Continue

Lars Silberbauer Leaves LEGO to Join MTV Digital Studios

Lars Silberbauer has announced that he has left The LEGO Group to join MTV Digital Studios as Senior Vice President. For the past seven years, Lars has been with LEGO and his most recent position was Senior Global Director of Social Media and Video. He was known for transforming LEGO social media presence from literally nothing to being one of the most successful ones on the web.

Back in 2014, Lars launched LEGO TV in 24 different markets and now the LEGO YouTube Channel gets more than a billion views a year. This is on top of the traffic that the LEGO Facebook Page gets which is approaching 13 million likes.

Continue

Toys R Us Rebranded as Geoffrey’s Toy Box

Just a few months after Toys R Us declared bankruptcy and closed all of their stores here in the US, it looks like they have planned a comeback as soon as next month. Now going under the name of Geoffrey’s Toy Box, they are planning to open store-in-a-store shops and the first ones will reportedly be in a large Midwest retailer. My guess is that it could be in some Meijer stores since they are pretty popular in that part of the country.

This news may sound great as we do need a dedicated toy store but it also doesn’t sit well with some, mainly former employees. As one of those employees, I along with about 33,000 others lost our jobs with no severance pay while the the executives got paid bonuses. I honestly don’t care much about it anymore because I had something lined up before I left but it did leave a bitter taste in my mouth with how everything went down. From what I read, they are trying to rehire some of the former employees in the new stores so that’s good news I suppose. If I was somehow invited back, I most likely won’t be going back because it won’t be the same as before.

It’s still hard to say what Geoffrey’s Toy Box could be at this time. Most likely there will probably be some LEGO sold there but not to the extent of what TRU used to have. We’ll have to see if this new venture pans out or not … Continue

The Brick Fan T-Shirt Now Available on Teespring

The Brick Fan T-Shirt

Quite a few of you readers have asked for this and if you follow my Twitter or Instagram, you may have seen a teaser for this a few days ago. After six years of running the site, I have officially launched my first piece of merchandise for The Brick Fan with a t-shirt over on Teespring. I’ve always felt reluctant to selling stuff for my site but I felt this was a good time as any to sell a t-shirt. I’ve priced it at $14.99 for the US and £12.99 for the EU and there are a number of different colors you are able to choose from. I’ve already ordered three shirts for myself before I launched this campaign to test out the shirts and they actually feel pretty good.

I’ve added a new “Merchandise” tab on the top of the menu to access the Teespring storefront so you can go there any time if you want to get a shirt or you can go there directly with this link. For now, I just have the shirt available but if you want any additional items, leave it in the comments below and I may decide to add them later on in the future.

As always, I do appreciate everyone who reads this site and I’ve had a great time putting out posts for you on a daily basis (most of the time). You do not have to purchase a shirt if you don’t want to but any purchases go back towards the site … Continue

The Brick Fan September 2018 Monthly Recap

I think I forgot to do last month but I’m back with the September 2018 recap. There was a bunch of LEGO news this month and here are some posts that you might have missed.

LEGO October 2018 Store Calendar Promotions & Events – The October 2018 LEGO calendar was released and the main promotions for the month are the LEGO Star Wars Han Solo Mudtrooper (40300) and the Minifigure Collector Frame.

October 2018 LEGO Store Calendar

LEGO Seasonal 2018 Christmas Carousel (40293) Revealed – An exclusive 2018 LEGO Christmas set was revealed with the limited edition Christmas Carousel (40293). There’s no word yet on availability at this time but I’ll let you know when we get some details.

LEGO Seasonal Christmas Carousel (40293)

LEGO Minifigure Evolution Throughout the Years – LEGO sent over a bunch of assets to help celebrate the 40th anniversary of the LEGO minifigure and we got to see how the minifigure has changed throughout the years.

LEGO Minifigure Evolution

LEGO Creator Winter Village Fire Station (10263) Officially Announced – LEGO announced the next Winter Village set with the Winter Village Fire Station and it is now available for purchase on Shop@Home.

LEGO Creator Winter Village Fire Station (10263)

The Brick Fan Latest Updates – Technically not LEGO related but I’ve made some big changes to the site including adding a brand new theme which includes more responsive feel for mobile users.

The Brick Fan Update

LEGO Releases Statement on Influx of Fake LEGO Shop Websites – There has been a lot of fake sites that claim to sell LEGO products and LEGO has come out with a statement to warn shoppers of these sites.… Continue

« Older posts Newer posts »

© 2024 The Brick Fan

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑