I was recently sent an email about a LEGO exhibition that will be happening in October called Celebricktion which will be held at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta, GA. Read more about the event below:
CELEBRICKTION: a celebration of the LEGO brick building system
October 10-11, 2015; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Cobb Galleria Centre
Tickets are $15 at the door; a portion of each ticket sale goes to non-profits.
For this awesome event, Lego builders Harry and Austin Nijenkamp “free built” (meaning no plans or drawings) an entire city with over one million LEGO pieces featuring parks, skyscrapers exceeding 12-feet tall, busy streets, and even a parade containing thousands of LEGO minifigures. It took over a year to build this amazing city!
Also at this event:
– A replica of the Nijenkamps’ Lego studio to provide insight into how they create their giant exhibits.
– BRICKS’ custom 4′ M.O.C.s (my own creations) including Helm’s Deep, Winter Village, Spooktacular Haunted Scene, and
– A LEGO robotics demonstration.
– Kids’ freebuilders area with over 100,000 LEGO pieces.
– Pictures with “Mr. Bricks” and other mascots
– Various LEGO games.
– Kids’ bounce house.
– Numerous creations by other metro-Atlanta LEGO enthusiasts.
– Custom 3D-printed minifigure heads of yourself.
– More than 20 LEGO vendors selling hard-to-find, new, and used LEGO sets, custom minifigures/bricks, light kits, and more!