It’s been LEGO Jurassic World Video Game centric here at The Brick Fan the past two days or so. There are now some gameplay details of it courtesy of Game Informer as they already got their hands on a demo version.
One of the details of LEGO Jurassic World is that there are over 100 playable characters. You get your main cast members from the first movie such as Alan Grant who can build objects from the environment, Ian Malcolm who can toss flares, Ellie Sttler who finds clues by jumping into dinosaur dropping, and Lex who can break glass. The most interesting character to note from GI is that Mr. DNA is also playable. What are his abilities? I don’t know but I sure hope that Greg Burson’s voiceover will be used.
As from the game description we have, you can customize your dinosaur collection by collecting LEGO amber to create new ones. It was noted that there are over 1,000 combinations that you can create, not including color and skin variations.
Some may wonder if LEGO Jurassic World will be as violent as in the movies. TT Games has proven that they can put a humorous twist to what are supposed to be violent scenes. One example is from the trailer the Muldoon scene where he is being hunted. The raptor pops up with fruit on its head. Another scene that has a playful feel to it is during the famous T-Rex scene when the power went out at the park and it causes havoc on the main characters. Lex and Tim are trapped in the car and Grand and Malcolm has to find a way to distract the T-Rex. In the game, you solve a couple of puzzles and Grant builds a giant jack-in-the-box which plays the theme song and a large chew toy pops out.
Although these are just words, you can’t see the excitement I have for the LEGO Jurassic World video game. We still have about three more months to wait before it is released on all major consoles. Hopefully there’s a playable demo in a month or two to whet our appetite.
- Relive key moments from all four Jurassic films: An adventure 65 million years in the making – now in classic LEGO brick fun!
- Wreak havoc as LEGO dinosaurs: Choose from 20 dinosaurs, including the friendly Triceratops, deadly Raptor, vicious Compy and even the mighty T. rex.
- Customize your own dinosaur collection: Collect LEGO amber and experiment with DNA to create completely original dinosaurs, like the Dilophosaurus Rex.
- Populate and explore Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna: Put your unique dinosaur creations in to paddocks as you complete special Free Play missions.
- Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out gameplay option. (Available on console only.)
When you make a purchase or, sometimes, carry out some other action as direct result of clicking on a link at The Brick Fan, we will receive a small commission.
The Brick Fan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.