Earlier this month, we reported that there was a countdown to the unveiling of the details for the LEGO Minifigures Online game on Funcom’s site. Today, the wait is over. The countdown is finally over and Funcom has revealed the details of LEGO’s newest massively multiplayer online game called LEGO Minifigures Online. Executive Producer Lawrence Poe says “We could not be more excited to be working with LEGO on such a great franchise. I think you could even say the team has been training to make this game since we were little kids. That excitement carries over into everything we do, and we’re throwing every ounce of our passion and creativity into the game. We are one hundred percent focused on delivering the fun, safe, quality experience that people expect when they think of LEGO minifigures.”
The game is based on the adventures of the LEGO Collectible Minifigures line and will let players complete quests to enhance their character. The game will take place in many memorable locations including Pirate World, Space World and Medieval World. LEGO Minifigures Online will be free-to-play and will be available in the second half of 2014 for the PC, iOS, and Android platforms. In addition to being a DirectX 11 PC client, the game will also be playable through the browser with a new technology being developed by Funcom for its DreamWorld platform. What’s interesting about the game is that both companies will be working together to let players who buy the collectible minifigures be able to use them in the game immediately. Check out the trailer as well as more details of the game below.
- Explore many wondrous worlds of LEGO each teeming with life, detail and awesome adventure! From lush islands held by swashbuckling pirates to alien worlds where the Galaxy Patrol must battle dangers such as the mind-controlling Pluuvian Brain-Beast!
- Find, collect and play with almost one hundred different minifigures! The Ice Skater, the Chicken Suit Guy, the Roller Derby Girl, The Policeman and many, many more; millions of LEGO fans all over the world have held them in their hands and now they can step into their shoes as they explore the world of LEGO Minifigures Online!
- Interact with the environment around you and use it to your advantage! Smash an enemy turret and re-build it to work for you, destroy a wall to discover a hidden passage and even build machines to help you take down the big bosses! Smashing stuff definitely feels good, but as all LEGO fans will know, building something feels even better!
- Play together with thousands of other players from all over the world! Face the adventure together or engage in awesome player vs. player battles where you must build towers, traps, mines and turrets while taking on the enemy and smashing theirs!
- Discover unique abilities with each minifigure! Take control of the rocked-out DJ and literally drop your beats on unsuspecting enemies, or assume the role of the Aztec Warrior and go to battle making sure no one is spared your mighty spear! Maybe the Plumber is your guy? Sure; unclog those baddies and make a mess of them!
- Gather experience and level up minifigures by smashing your way through enemies, rocks and LEGO blocks! Customize your playstyle by collecting special bricks and put them together in unique shapes to upgrade abilities such as luck and creativity!
- Since 1975, LEGO has made more than 3600 different minifigures available and Funcom will continuously keep adding more and more of these for players to collect in-game! Funcom and LEGO are working closely together to blend the physical world of LEGO with the digital one; for instance players who purchase bags containing real minifigure will immediately be able to jump into the game and play with their virtual counterparts!
- Unravel what is surely an Academy Award Winning* story! Take on quests such as searching for buried treasure in the pirate world, rescuing the kingnapped king in the medieval world, and even helping Zeus himself in the mythology world!