LEGO News, LEGO Reviews, and Discussions

Category: Community (Page 68 of 159)

The LEGO Group Announcing 2019 Annual Results on March 4

The LEGO Group has announced that they will be livestreaming their 2019 Annual Results press conference on March 4. They will be giving details on their earnings from last year compared to the previous year and other relevant details such as revealing top selling LEGO themes. The livestream will be at 10am CET which is 1am PST/4am EST. If you’re awake at that time, you can watch it the stream here. I’ll do a recap of it shortly after it is over.

Continue

LEGO Masters Episode 3 Recap – Cut in Half

Just like that we’re already past the third week of LEGO Masters and the most recent episode is called Cut in Half. The premise is that teams have to build the other half of a particular object but it can be anything the teams decide it to be. It is a sculpting challenge with 12 hours to complete the challenge.

Flynn – Cuckoo Clock/Clockwork Man
Manny & Nestor – Bike/Timmy the Monkey
Sam & Jessica – Fire Hydrant/Mermaid
Aaron & Christian – Diving Helmet/Beneath the Surface
Mel & Jermaine – Guitar/Rock-topus
Tyler & Amy – Telescope/Imagiscope
Amie & Krystle – Globe/Global Dragons
Travis & Corey – Pinata/Horse Power
Boone & Mark – Laptop/Argyle Lyle

Continue

LEGO Wins Three Toy of the Year 2020 Awards

The 2020 Toy of the Year awards were handed out this evening in New York and a few LEGO products were nominated for some awards including Construction Toy of the Year, Specialty Toy of the Year, and STEM/STEAM Toy of the Year. I’m happy to report that LEGO has sweeped all of those awards with the following products:

Construction Toy of the Year – LEGO City Space Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control (60228)

Specialty Toy of the Year – LEGO Stranger Things The Upside Down (75810)

STEM/STEAM Toy of the Year – LEGO Boost Droid Commander (75253)

Continue

LEGO Minifigure Creator Passes Away

In some sad news today coming out of Denmark, the original creator of the LEGO Minifigure, Jens Nygaard Knudsen, passed away a few days ago. Minifigures are some of the most popular items in LEGO sets and they have evolved throughout the 40+ years they have existed. His legacy will live on as LEGO produces many, many more minifigures in the future. Jens was 78.

Jens Nygaard Knudsen

January 25, 1942 – February 19, 2020

**Via Matthew Ashton**

Continue

LEGO at the 2020 New York Toy Fair

The 2020 New York Toy Fair kicks off later this week and LEGO will again have a presence there. I’ve been told they will only be showing off products that will be launching in the first half of the year so we won’t be seeing any of the fall/winter 2020 LEGO sets. We probably will finally see sets that were reported on from the Nuremberg Toy Fair so that’ll hold us over for now. I personally won’t be there but The Brick Fan will have a representative on hand for photographs and set details so stay tuned.

Continue

LEGO Masters Episode 2 Recap – Space Smash

The premise of the second episode of LEGO Masters is to build a space-themed story and at the end, it will be destroyed. The builds will be judged on how it looks and the story that goes around it as well as how it looks when splatters. Mayim Bialik was brought out as the guest of the episode. The main component of the judging is how the build looks when it is destroyed using a bat, explosives, and gravity. Benny’s Spaceship was dropped as a demonstration.

Continue

LEGO Night Mode Lighting Kits Controversy

This morning, LEGO shocked the world by introducing LEGO Night Mode which is their in-house lighting kits for official sets. So far, the response for it has been overwhelmingly positive because we can now potentially have first-party lighting kits as part of the LEGO User Lab but unfortunately smaller companies who make third-party kits are now wondering what will happen to their business if LEGO does go ahead with the idea.

One of those businesses is Brickstuff who has a ton of products out there on the market and as a result, they have other companies that steal their ideas and make copycat products similar to it. An image came out of Copenhagen today showing a subcontractor that LEGO used on the Night Mode kits and they are called Light My Bricks. According to Brickstuff, this particular company pretty much pirated Brickstuff’s design and have been selling them on their own platform. In the Medium post, Brickstuff did mention that LEGO had reached out to them to perhaps work with them to create the Night Mode kits but was ultimately not chosen.

I’m not sure if LEGO knows about LMB stealing Brickstuff’s design or not but they should take a look into it before proceeding any further. I have no reason to doubt Brickstuff as they have first-hand experience with the LEGO User Lab but something that could be a great product has already been marred with controversy on the same day of the reveal.

LEGO within the last hour has just released a statement on … Continue

« Older posts Newer posts »

© 2024 The Brick Fan

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑