LEGO has officially revealed the next direct-to-consumer LEGO Creator set with the NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander (10266). The set has 1,087 pieces and will retail for $99.99 and it will be available starting on June 1. You may have seen images of the set online and able to be purchased at certain retailers the past week or so but we can finally show it off while respecting the embargo.
The set was produced to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission in which Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon. Although the set doesn’t name the two astronauts, they do include two minifigures to represent them.
Check out the full press release of the LEGO Creator NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander (10266) below along with official images of the set.
10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander
Ages 16+. 1087 pieces
US $99.99 – CA $139.99 – DE €89.99 – UK £84.99 – FR €94.99 – DK 799DKK — $159.99 AUD
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Celebrate space exploration with the NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander!
Celebrate man’s first moon landing with this LEGO® Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander building set—developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of a historical event that captivated the world. This collectible model features a highly detailed replica of Apollo 11’s Eagle lunar module, plus a depiction of the lunar surface, complete with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag. The descent stage comes with gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches, and a ladder, while the ascent stage has a detailed interior with room for 2 astronauts. Finished with an Apollo 11 Lunar Lander nameplate, this display model makes a great centerpiece for the home or office and provides a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia. Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
• Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
• This advanced LEGO® set features a detailed replica of the Eagle lunar lander with separate ascent and descent stages, plus a depiction of the lunar surface with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag.
• Descent stage features new-for-June-2019 gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches and a ladder.
• Ascent stage features a detailed interior with room for 2 astronaut minifigures.
• Celebrate space exploration with this highly detailed display model.
• Accessory elements include a brick-built video camera and laser reflector.
• New-for-June-2019 decorated elements include an Apollo 11 Lunar lander nameplate and golden elements.
• Measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 1 June, 2019
When you make a purchase or, sometimes, carry out some other action as direct result of clicking on a link at The Brick Fan, we will receive a small commission.
The Brick Fan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.