LEGO has officially revealed the images of the new LEGO Ideas Birds (21301) set as well as an interview with the project creator, Tom Poulson. It consists of 580 pieces will be available on January 1, 2015 and [email protected] has it listed for $44.99.
The Hummingbird is of the Green Violetear (Colibri thalassinus) variety, the Robin is of the European variety (Erithacus rubecula), and the Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) is native to North America. What’s cool about this set is that the name plates for each of the birds have their Latin names as well as the unique stands they sit on. The Hummingbird has a clear one which makes it look like it’s hovering next to the flower. The Robin is on a wooden branch and the Blue Jay is on a metal perch.
Check out the details of the LEGO Ideas Birds (21301) set below.
Put down your binoculars and get closer to nature with these intricate LEGO® models of well-known birds! Created by keen gardener and bird enthusiast Thomas Poulsom and selected by LEGO Ideas members, each replica bird hails from a different continent: the Robin from Europe; the Blue Jay from North America; and the Hummingbird from South America. These beautiful and detailed models come with their own presentation stands showing their scientific names, so that you can display your birds for all to enjoy or detach and play as you wish. This set also includes 3 booklets containing lots more information about each of these fascinating species as well as the creator of these amazing models.
- Features 3 models: a Blue Jay, Hummingbird with flower, and a Robin
- Includes a presentation stand for each bird featuring its Latin name
- Enjoy building and rebuilding these intricate models
- Display the birds using their specially designed stands
- Recreate the birds that received over 10,000 votes from LEGO® Ideas members
- Learn more about the species in the booklets provided
- Includes building instructions and information about the creator
- The perfect gift for fans of LEGO® bricks and birds alike
- Blue Jay stands over 7” (18cm) tall on its stand
- Hummingbird stands over 5” (15cm) tall on its stand
- Robin stands over 6” (17cm) tall on its stand
When you make a purchase or, sometimes, carry out some other action as direct result of clicking on a link at The Brick Fan, we will receive a small commission.
The Brick Fan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.