My unofficial LEGO “Loot Crate” for October called Brick Builders Club came in the mail today and I was curious to see the contents of it. If you haven’t seen the September box yet, you can check it out here. Like previous month, the Brick Builders Club is filled with LEGO-themed items but not necessarily contain actual bricks. You’ll see what I mean when I review each of the items included, in random order.
The first item in the box is a rolled up large sticker of LEGO Ninjago’s Jay. Unlike the previous month, the sticker is packaged up in a plastic film with a styrofoam roll to keep its shape. You can either apply the sticker to a folder or your wall if you desire.
For this month’s box, you get two Brick Builders Club Parts Pack that is filled with random items from Brick Warriors. The first pack contains new items that are in Brick Warriors’ store including a Viking Helmet, Viking Armor, a Wizard Hat, a Quaterstaff, and a Vine Whip. The last item is a Battle Horn. This Parts Pack retails for $7.25 if you purchase separately from Brick Warriors.
The other Parts Pack is sort of a Halloween-themed pack fill with items that you could find during Halloween such as a spider web, a couple of claws, a bat, a spider, and two 1×2 bricks with a TECHNIC axle hole.
The next thing is the exclusive t-shirt that you get every single month. It is orange and it features … Continue
September isn’t even here yet but LEGO already has the October 2014 Store Calendar available and there are some cool promotions that you may want to know about. As we reported before, the biggest thing happening is the return of Double VIP Points. During the whole month of October, you can earn $5 for every $50 you spend.
The next promotion is the Free Exclusive Holiday Set (40106) with purchases of $99 or more. The first of two holiday set this year features two elf minifigures in a workshop. It’ll go great with the LEGO Creator Winter Village Santa’s Workshop (10245) which will be from September 17-30 for VIP members or October 1 for the general public. November will have set 2/2 and it will be a Winter Skating Scene.
Other notable things on the October 2014 Store Calendar includes:
- LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 12 (71007) will be available on October 1st.
- On October 6th, LEGO will be revealing the next exclusvie set. Speculation is that it will be the LEGO Star Wars UCS Slave I or the LEGO Creator Detective Agency Modular which we reported on yesterday.
- The Monthly Mini Model Build is a Frankenstein which is a fan-created model.
- Starting on October 6th, there will be a LEGO City Racing Event at the LEGO Store.
- The LEGO Club Meeting on October 18 and 25 is a LEGO Star Wars one and the t-shirt features a Sandtrooper on a dewback.
- From October 20-26, there is a LEGO Friends Jungle Animal search and find at the