A few days ago, The LEGO Group announced that it is extending their partnership with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF). It is an effort to reduce CO2 emissions with their manufacturing and supply chain operations by 2020. The partnership with WWF is to also promote global action on climate change.
LEGO joined with WWF’s Climate Savers Programme in 2014 and has since exceeded all it’s climate targets including:
– Balancing 100% of energy use with renewable sources through investing DKK 6 billion in two offshore wind farms
– Research and development of more sustainable materials
– Improving energy efficiency of producing LEGO bricks by more than 12%
The continued partnership with WWF by TLG has committed to the following by 2020:
– A further 10% increase in carbon (CO2) efficiency per LEGO brick produced
– Continuing to ensure 100% of energy consumption is balanced by production of renewable energy sources
– Further engaging with key suppliers to reduce the CO2 emissions in the full supply chain
You can read more about The LEGO Group’s continued partnership with WWF in the link above.