Joe Meno from BrickJournal has sent us some more details for BrickMagic 2015 which will be happening in Charlotte, North Carolina from May 7-10. One of the new things that has been announced is the cool 90-piece LEGO Speed Racer Mach 5 MOC designed by Joe that AFOLs will be getting in their goodie bags. Check out the full press release for BrickMagic 2015 LEGO Festival below.
The 4th Annual BrickMagic LEGO Festival is picking up steam, and we want you to know just some of the great swag and programming that’ll be waiting for you in Charlotte NC over Mother’s Day weekend, May 7-10.
Here’s the latest additions to the Goodie Bag that every AFOL will receive with their registration for BrickMagic 2015:
- Combat Weapons Pack, Assorted Food Pack (minifig-scale food & drink), and a custom-printed Minifig and large BrickJournal printed cover tile (courtesy of Eclipse Grafx)
- Special attendee printed premiums (courtesy of Citizen Brick)
- The limited edition BrickMagic 2015 event kit: Speed Racer’s Mach 5 in miniscale! (90 parts, designed by Joe Meno)
- At least two current sets from an assortment that we’re ordering from LEGO, just for AFOLs!
We’ll also have these new programming opportunities for AFOLs:
- BrickMagic Hands-On Museum: BrickJournal’s Geoff Gray will be bringing a treasure trove of antique LEGO sets, books, and other rarely-seen items from the LEGO Group to display. His collection starts in the late ‘60s and includes many rare sets and items, including 4.5 volt trains, Samsonite sets, and rare books signed by Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, the owner of the LEGO Group. During the AFOL-only days, Geoff will provide a personal tour for the fans and give them a hands-on opportunity to see these items, along with newer exclusives that have only been seen at events like Comic-Con and Toy Fair.
- Ask The CEO: For his annual BrickJournal interview with Jorgen Vig Knudstorp (CEO of the LEGO Group), Geoff Gray is giving you the opportunity to speak your mind! Register by March 21, and you can submit a question for consideration, to be personally answered by JVK and included in the interview in BrickJournal #35!
And don’t forget the AFOL-only drawings for well over 100 door prizes (sets with retail values ranging from $14.99 up to $89.99), plus the Grand Prize:
- The LEGO SHIELD Helicarrier set, enhanced with LEGO Power Functions!
There’s more to be announced shortly; stay tuned!
The registration fee is $60 until April 15, and then it goes up to $75, so don’t delay. The exhibitor registration deadline for BrickMagic 2015 is April 30, so if you can come, please go to www.brickmagic.org and sign up now!
If you have any questions about registering, please contact Joe Meno at [email protected]
The Embassy Suites Charlotte/Concord is the site for BrickMagic 2015, located across the highway (I-85) from Concord Mills Mall and its LEGO store, and down the road from the Charlotte Motor Speedway. The hotel is offering a special rate of $129 per night through this special link:
Make sure you fill in our group code BMC when you make your reservation. You can also make a reservation by calling direct at 704-455-8200, or calling 1 800 EMBASSY. The deadline for the group rate is April 7, 2015.
VOLUNTEERS: We’re always looking for people to help out at the event, in return for free registration (and a lot of fun!). We’ve been blessed with a wealth of generous people to help out, and if you’re interested, email me at [email protected]
BrickJournal editor Joe Meno, coordinator John “JT” Turner, and I are working overtime to help you take your building to the next level! Watch for our next update shortly, and we’ll see you there May 7-10!