LEGO News, LEGO Reviews, and Discussions

Category: Community (Page 99 of 158)

LEGO Star Wars Ahch-To Island Training (75200) Review

LEGO Star Wars Ahch-To Island Training (75200)

The new 2018 LEGO Star Wars sets are now available and one of the sets that I was looking forward to getting was the Ahch-To Island Training (75200). The set consists of 241 pieces and retails for $29.99 which is typical for these small-to-medium sized licensed sets. There will be some minor spoilers as the movie has been out for a while now.

Continue

LDraw.org 2017-01 Parts Update Now Available

Willy over at LDraw has let us know that they have updated their parts list and is now available to download. If you’re not familiar with LDraw, it is a good software to use for MOC design and planning and is a little different than LEGO Digital Designer. It’s a bit more advanced than LDD and it also has a lot more older parts to choose from than with LDD. You can also design your own building instructions if you desire.

The 2017-01 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 717 new files to the core library, including 509 new parts and 33 new primitives. This update also includes updated versions of the colour configuration files (LDConfig.ldr and LDCfgalt.ldr) thanks to Willy Tschager and Magnus Forsberg.

Thanks are of course due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release, including several first-time authors. The reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the Parts Tracker and deserve just as much credit.

You can preview the new parts in 2017-01 here, download the zip-file update or Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates… to install the update.

The LDraw Team

Continue

The Brick Fan 2017 Recap

2017 is now over and that means we can now take a look at the website traffic here on The Brick Fan as well as other miscellaneous stats. We ended the year at 9,081,785 page views which is a 3% drop from 2016 while unique visits went down 4%.

As for the numbers per month, we averaged about 756,000 page views per month with January being the busiest month due to the Toy Fair news. This year’s Toy Fairs will be at the end of the month so I expect traffic will spike in February instead of January. Our highest recorded day was February 18 as we hit just under 60,000 page views for the New York Toy Fair coverage.

Some other random high traffic days include:

– January 3: New Rumors of LEGO Star Wars UCS Millennium Falcon Coming

– April 22: LEGO Creator Fairground Carousel (10256) Rumored for June Release

– May 1: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Thor: Ragnarok Box Art Images

– August 31: LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series Millennium Falcon (75192) Officially Announced

For our social media pages, we didn’t really grow that much in terms of followers for some of the traditional sites like Facebook and Twitter. I’m actually not sure why it didn’t grow as much as I expected since I am pretty active on them. For Facebook, we ended the year at 12,936 likes (14% increase from 2016) while on Twitter, we had 7,343 followers (8% increase).

As for Instagram, we actually ended right at 10,000 … Continue

The Brick Fan December 2017 Monthly Recap

December was a pretty busy month here on The Brick Fan and here’s a recap of some of the more popular LEGO news stories for this month. This list may be a little long than usual simply because there’s a lot to cover.

LEGO January 2018 Store Calendar Promotions & Events – The January store calendar is available and we could see some of the new promos including the 60 Years of the LEGO Brick (40290) set.

January 2018 LEGO Store Calendar

LEGO DUPLO 2018 Official Set Images – The images for the new 2018 DUPLO sets became available and there are some cute sets for the younger fans.

Rapunzel's Tower (10878)

The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures Series 2 (71020) Officially Revealed – The new series of The LEGO Batman Movie CMF were revealed and you can now starting finding them in stores.

The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures Series 2 (71020)

LEGO Friends 2018 Design Change Explained – Fans have noticed there were some changes in the 2018 LEGO Friends sets and that prompted LEGO to put out an official announcement of their reasoning.

LEGO Friends Friendship House (41340)

The LEGO Group Wins Copyright Infringement Case Against BELA – LEGO has announced they have won a landmark victory in China against BELO who was infringing on their copyrights.

LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader Pod (5005376) Promotion Cancelled – LEGO released a statement regarding the cancellation of the Darth Vader Pod promotion that was supposed to be going on from now until the middle of January.

LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader Pod

BrickLink Announces Site Will Catalog BrickArms Products – In an unusual move, BrickLink announced they they will now catalog BrickArms products … Continue

The Brick Fan Top 10 Viewed Posts of 2017

As 2017 is coming to an end, it’s time to take a look at some of the top viewed posts here on The Brick Fan. As of today, there were 888 posts that were published since January 1 and a lot of views. Here are the most viewed posts on the site according to Google Analytics.

10. New York Toy Fair Set Images

It was an exciting time in February when we were able to see images of the summer 2017 LEGO sets from various themes which was more than what we saw at the Nuremberg Toy Fair a few weeks earler.

9. More Details of Rumored LEGO Star Wars UCS Millennium Falcon

Back in April, new rumors came out for the LEGO Star Wars UCS Millennium Falcon (75192) in which I talked about some of the minifigures that would eventually be in the set.

8. The LEGO Batman Movie McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys Revealed

The LEGO Batman Movie was released earlier this year and McDonalds teamed up with Warner Bros. to produce some Happy Meal toys for the movie. Some of the items were good like the cups but the other items weren’t as good.

The LEGO Batman Movie McDonald's Happy Meal

7. LEGO City Summer 2017 Official Images

The official images for LEGO City must’ve been pretty popular during the summer as this was the only theme to crack the top 10 list. As we know by now, the main subtheme for this year’s summer wave was the Jungle Exploration.

LEGO City Cargo Terminal (60169)

6. LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 18 Rumored to be Costume Party

Continue

Merry Christmas!

We here at The Brick Fan would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. We all celebrate in our own ways but the most important thing it is to spend it with your loved ones. I hope that Santa got you all the LEGO you wished for this year and more. Stay safe out there and have a happy holidays!

Continue

Top 10 LEGO 2017 Sets

It’s that time of the year where I list my top 10 LEGO sets of 2017. According to Brickset, there were 835 LEGO products that were released this year and choosing only ten of them will provide somewhat difficult as there are so many choices. Although the list consists of mostly Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) sets, there are also a couple of surprise entries as well. Keep in mind that this is my personal list and may differ from your list.

10. LEGO Star Wars BB-8 (75187)

The pseudo-UCS set, the BB-8 is scaled very well to the UCS R2-D2 (10225) and it even has the plaque that is synonymous with UCS sets. Although it’s not considered UCS, it does look great and comes in at a great price.

Amazon | Shop@Home

9. LEGO Ideas Old Fishing Store (21310)

Usually LEGO changes a lot of things when a LEGO Ideas project becomes an official set but they stayed true to the original design that Robert Bontenbal had. It looks realistic and the color scheme is very eye-pleasing. Check out my review of the set here.

Amazon | Shop@Home

8. LEGO Star Wars UCS Snowspeeder (75144)

The UCS Snowspeeder is a good set compared to last year’s Assault on Hoth as it went back to its roots of a detailed model instead of a playset. Read my review here.

Amazon | Shop@Home

7. LEGO Creator Carousel (10257)

The fairground subtheme for the LEGO Creator line gets an expansion with the Carousel. The vibrant colors of it … Continue

« Older posts Newer posts »

© 2024 The Brick Fan

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑