LEGO News, LEGO Reviews, and Discussions

Category: Community (Page 111 of 159)

The Brick Fan 2016 Recap

2016 went by just like that it was a very eventful year here on The Brick Fan. Like with previous years, I’m going to go take a look back at what happened on the site last year. Because I love looking at stats, there will be some of that.

We ended the year with 9,416,861 page views which remained steady from 2015. There was some growth in terms of unique visits which went up 3% from the previous year while first-time visitors also went up by 3%.

Monthly-wise, we averaged about 780.000 views per month with January being busiest month when we hit 1 million page views for the first time ever. Hopefully we can replicate that this year with the Toy Fairs coming up. Our highest recorded day was January 26 when we had 65,906 views.

Since we’re in the age of technology, one new thing that we’re taking a look at is devices used to view the site. Mobile devices used actually increased by 15% from 2015, while desktop and tablet use decreased by 6% and 10%, respectively. This means that many of you are switching to your mobile devices to check out the site instead of the traditional route. I have a feeling that this trend will be continuing for 2017.

As far as social media is concerned, we’ve been a little more active on various sites. Over on our Facebook Page, we ended the year with 11,153 likes which was a 39% increase from 2015.

On Twitter, we had 6,758 … Continue

The Brick Fan Top 10 LEGO Reviews in 2016

A few days ago, I did a post on the most viewed LEGO posts in 2016 and today I have the most viewed reviews of the year. There were 828 sets released in 2016 and I’ve reviewed 79 different LEGO items from a number of themes although there were a lot more that I wanted to do but didn’t have the time to build.

1. The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017)

One of the more recent reviews of the year but still managed to make the top spot was The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017). They won’t officially be released until January 1 but you can probably find them in stores now.

The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017)

2. LEGO Star Wars UCS Assault on Hoth (75098)

The UCS Assault on Hoth (75098) was one of the more controversial sets of 2016 mainly because of the “UCS” tag that it was given. Even so, it was the second most read review of 2016.

LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Series Assault on Hoth (75098)

3. LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS (42056)

My first ever Technic build and review did not disappoint. If you want a set that has everything you could want in a set from design to packaging, then the Porsche 911 GT3 RS is the way to go.

LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS (42056)

4. LEGO Disney Collectible Minifigures (71012)

The LEGO Disney Collectible Minifigures were pretty popular this year and it seemed that many people read up on my review of them.

LEGO Disney Collectible Minifigures (71012)

5. The LEGO Batman Movie The Penguin Arctic Roller (70911)

Another more recent review for 2016, The Penguin Arctic Roller is … Continue

The Brick Fan Top 10 LEGO Posts in 2016

We’re winding down 2016 and it’s time to continue with my “Top 10” lists and this time it’s for the most viewed LEGO posts of the year. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I love to look at statistics. In regards to what the top posts were this year, I was actually a little surprised to see what showed up on my analytics.

1. LEGO Winter 207 Rumored Set List

As usual, you guys like reading up about some of the LEGO sets that we’ll be getting in the future. This list came out in August so some of the sets have already hit store shelves and online.

2. LEGO Nuremberg Toy Fair 2016 Set Images

Not surprisingly, the toy fair season has everyone hyped for it since we get our first look at the spring and summer sets.

3. LEGO Ideas Old Fishing Store Achieves 10,000 Supporters

This post really took my by surprise as to how high it is on this list. This project was eventually announced that it will become an official LEGO Ideas set that will be coming out in Fall 2017.

4. LEGO November 2016 Store Calendar Promotions & Events

Another post that came out in the second half of the year which many people read up on a lot. Most were excited for the Snowglobe and Nutcracker Ornament GWPs.

LEGO November 2016 Store Calendar

5. LEGO Disney Collectible Minifigures (71012) Official List Revealed

The Disney Collectible Minifigures a huge surprise when they were first announced but before that, a list of the … Continue

LEGO Brand Store Pick & Build Wall Fan Favorite Survey

LEGO Pick-a-Brick Fan Favorite

If you’ve been in a LEGO Brand Store here in the US and have checked out the Pick & Build Wall, you may have noticed some elements on the wall has a decal indicating that they they are “Fan Favorites.” LEGO has announced on the Ambassador Network that the program will be continuing through 2018. The 2017 elements have been already selected but they are reaching out to help find the best selection of elements for 2018.

I’ve uploaded the Excel sheet of all the LEGO elements which you can download here (129mb) as well as the 2016 Color Palatte which you can find here.

What LEGO is looking for is for you to suggest your favorite LEGO element(s) which you can find on column F on the spreadsheet and your favorite color(s) on the palatte. Also, they would like to know if you have any ideas, suggestions or feedback regarding the PAB Wall as well as LEGO Brand Retail Stores in general.

Let us know in the comments below and I’ll try to tally up all the suggestions to send over. Note that this survey only affects LEGO Brand Retail North America. The deadline is January 13, 2017.

Continue

Brick Fest Live Announces Philly Brick Fest 2017

Our friends over at Brick Fest Live has released a press release for their flagship LEGO show, Philly Brick Fest 2017.

Philly Brick Fest® LEGO® Fan Convention April 20 – April 23, 2016

Oaks, PA

Philly Brick Fest, the 4-day Fan of LEGO Convention returns to the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center April 20th – April 23rd, 2016 in Oaks, PA.

2017 marks the 4th year for Philly Brick Fest. Once again the event will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center and will occupy 140,000 square feet of space, making it the largest fan-created LEGO event in North America.

LEGO builders from around the globe are invited to showcase their fan-built creations, learn building techniques from one another, interact with other fans, participate in building challenges and activities, and most of all enjoy a fun-filled weekend with like-minded LEGO Maniacs!

“In 2017 we are doing something different” said Chad Collins, founder of Learn With Bricks Inc., the production company behind Philly Brick Fest and the largest touring LEGO event in America, Brick Fest Live.

“This year, for the first time ever, 100% of all registration dues will be used to build a LEGO-themed classroom in a Kenya, Africa with the charity World Teacher Aid. We are always looking for ways to support great causes and have run several success campaigns with the Make-A- Wish foundation, the 501st Legion, and Extra Life. Now we have a chance to introduce LEGO to a new group of children that have never been exposed to it before. It’s the

Continue

The LEGO Group Management Role Changes

Earlier today, LEGO has released two press releases regarding the future of management at the company. The first one is in regards to LEGO appointing a new CEO to replace Jørgen Vig Knudstorp in 2017.

The LEGO Group has announced that Bali Padda, current Chief Operations Officer, is appointed CEO of the company as of January 1, 2017.

Bali Padda takes over from Jørgen Vig Knudstorp who will head up the new entity LEGO Brand Group.

Bali Padda has been with the LEGO Group for 14 years and is at present heading up Operations while at the same time being overall responsible for people and organisational development. During the past ten years, he has been a member of the LEGO Group’s top management.

Commenting on the appointment of Bali Padda as CEO, Niels Jacobsen, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the LEGO Group, says:

“Bali Padda has a fantastic track record in the LEGO Group with more than 14 years of experience especially within supply chain functions, but more recently also focusing on people and organisational development. Bali has demonstrated an ability to drive the changes required in operations through the significant growth we have experienced during the past years. I am confident that Bali will continue to develop the company in close cooperation with management.”

Thomas Kirk Kristiansen, fourth generation owner of the LEGO Group, comments:

“Bali possesses the right LEGO mindset. He has a deep knowledge of our entire company, a very clear sense of what we need to do to take the

Continue

LEGO January 2017 Store Calendar Promotions & Events

Our friends over at PromoBricks has found an image of the January 2017 LEGO Store Calendar. I’ll upload a higher quality of it when it becomes available. Here are the more notable things that will be going on in the month. Not surprisingly, it’s mainly focused on The LEGO Batman Movie as the rest of the wave will be available at the beginning of the month.

December 27-January 15 – Free The LEGO Batman Movie Mini Batwing polybag with purchases of $35 or more.

January 16-31 – FREE LEGO Nexo Knights Knighton Rider polybag with a Nexo Knights purchase.

January 1 – The LEGO Creator Assembly Square (10255) will become available for purchase.

January 3-4 – The VIP Monthly Mini Model Build will be a Narwhal.

January 14 – Winter Igloo Building Event

January 17 & 24 – Technic Tuesday

January 21 & 28 – LEGO Life Meeting

Continue
« Older posts Newer posts »

© 2024 The Brick Fan

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑